What are current lease offers for Sec 15?

What are current lease offers for 15-2N-8W and which companies are leasing?

Apache has filed a few leases in that section recently. Marathon and Chesapeake have also been leasing in the surrounding area the past year. I don't see that there has been much activity in the entire township.

I'm not sure on the bonus amounts. It might be a bit early to lease in that section. But on the other hand, what little interest there is now could just as easily drop.

Don't know about lease money in that area but I believe that is the area west of Marlow and as I stated on the other Stephens Co. discussion it may be a little too far west to get this recent action but there have been a lot of good well drilled around Marlow, Cement and Ceril in the past and that IS moving a TINY bit closer to that tremendous well that Cheasapeak drilled down into the Hogshooter Zone along the state line! lol Of course us owners of royalty in Stephens Co. are trying to keep that on the HUSH, HUSH! lol Maybe those companies will close the gap before long and you will be caught in the middle of the boom! Have you gotten any offers yet?

Best of Luck to Ya!

Thanks for the feedback Rick

Do you have any contacts at Apache, Marathon and Chesapeake?

If I am reading the map correctly, this is just west of Marlow in the NW corner of the County.

Offered $300/ acre with 3/16ths for a 3 year. Are they bottom fishing?

Scott, would you mind telling us who made the offer? Your sec 15 is above my 22 in 2n 8w. I also have interest in 20 2n 8w. I think someone had mentioned on here an offer in sec1 2n 9w which would be northwest of our sections. 9w is only three sections wide.

I got an offer a couple of weeks ago for 15-2N-8W through Bluestar Land Services on behalf of Marathon.

Scott,

I have a contact for Bluestar who leases for Marathon and Lowry who leases for Chesapeake.

Send me a PM.

Yes, it looks like it is about 4 miles west of the center of Marlow

I would say it might bring more, but it may be a bit before it will bring it. A good lease may be more important than the bonus!

Rick

Mitchell, 9w is still 6 sections wide but the West half is in Comanche Co.

Someone on the main Stephens Co page did have an offer on 2N 9W.

Thanks Rick, that is what I meant but did not explain myself very well. The sec tions that are mentioned are north of Central High. Correct?

Linda,if I read my map right, yes, it's just west of Marlow. Do you know of a website or source for a good section map with numbered sections and townsites, etc.? Or just the latitude and longitude on Google Earth would probably work. Not all that important but just would like to know precisely where my minerals lie.

Linda Keck said:

Don't know about lease money in that area but I believe that is the area west of Marlow and as I stated on the other Stephens Co. discussion it may be a little too far west to get this recent action but there have been a lot of good well drilled around Marlow, Cement and Ceril in the past and that IS moving a TINY bit closer to that tremendous well that Cheasapeak drilled down into the Hogshooter Zone along the state line! lol Of course us owners of royalty in Stephens Co. are trying to keep that on the HUSH, HUSH! lol Maybe those companies will close the gap before long and you will be caught in the middle of the boom! Have you gotten any offers yet?

Best of Luck to Ya!

Keith go to this website

http://stephenscogen.org/~okstephe/countylinks.html

click on county base maps click on stephens county

Keith, we don't remember where Preston got my Stephen's Co. map but the ones that are on the website that Mitchell sent you is a good one to get every county. It's print is not as clear as the one I have but you know you can increase the size of it and can read the sections for all of them. Thanks Michell, I needed that!

I think Central High is the one West of Marlow, Correct?

Section 15 and 20 would be 3 miles west of the section line that the High Schools is locations on. 15 straight West and 22 is right below it. I'm pretty sure the school is in 1N 7W. SW corner of section 8 maybe?

Mitchell Hankins said:

Thanks Rick, that is what I meant but did not explain myself very well. The sec tions that are mentioned are north of Central High. Correct?

Keith,

Here is another Map site I found

Oklahoma Section Maps

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/hqdiv/p-r-div/maps/control-maps/

Scroll down and click on the county.

Scott

Mitchell,

I had never noticed Central High on a map before. I was thinking you were refering to the High School in Marlow. :) The map link Scott posted has it. I also have a freebie Geo Graphics that has it. The 36" one on my wall that came from the county does not.

The map