Wetzel County

Good evening everyone. I posted a few weeks ago and my sister and I are still waiting on Antero’s updated information. Anyway, in the meantime a relative sent out an email to different family members, trying to help everyone. One person, besides myself, responded. He said he had received a letter VOIDing his agreement. It was dated in January. After that date is when my sister received the letter for our mother whom is deceased. We again received another letter today, same language, but with a $250 bonus signing. It it is still in our mothers name but we are working on that part. I feel that they have paid the wrong side of the family. I havent come out and asked this person or anyone in the group email if they have been getting royalties. I also found a deed dated in 1930 (the original is dated 1912). Its a little wordy but it says something about “the foregoing ROYALTY Deed”….is it possible that these mineral rights are divided between oil and gas? If so how do I tell? Please help us. Jodi

@JP1316 You would need to get an attorney to help you straighten out your particular situation regarding title to the mineral rights.

The wording of the deed in totality would need to be considered despite what the top of the Deed says.

In general, the deed would probably include both oil and gas from the well bore. You can have all oil, or oil with associated gas, or gas with associated condensate (a light oil) or just gas. They are mixed as they come up the borehole and are then separated at the surface. Some leases have a separate royalty for gas and a different one for oil, but those were usually a long time ago.

1 Like

Thank you again. We are still exploring and trying to gain knowledge so we can have all our paperwork together before handing to an attorney. Its definitely a lot of work.

I haven’t used this company myself but others have recommended it. They might be cheaper than an oil and gas attorney and could help you get started… Oil and Gas legal researchers: “Anderson Legal Information” in Aurthur Illinois.