West Reeves, Toyah, Balmorhea, Pecos Areas Update

Meant to give an update of oil/gas activities for those who aren’t in the area… As news articles have said, infrastructure build-out is occurring at a fast pace right now. Huge power lines are going up along I-20, turning at Toyah, and heading SW towards Country Rd 328. Apache has some facilities in that general area, not sure if there’s a connection with that? For miles along the side of County Rd 328 power poles are lying on the ground waiting to be raised and installed. Lots of traffic there for being just a caliche country road. Any locals know what’s going on at Toyah City Council? … one of the few businesses in the town has a message on the outside flashing sign expressing disapproval. Lots of RV camps scattered throughout the town. The NGL development others have mentioned is underway north of Balmorhea along FM 2903. Looks like some other developments are happening in that area too. I’d like to hear from others who know what are all the different developments? No man camp on northwest corner of 2903 and I-10 yet, but it looked like contractors of some sort are there, so maybe the preliminary activity. Over in Pecos, some new large buildings are going up near 285 and I-20, looks like hotels. Happy to try to report on anything else. I know not everyone lives in this part of the world or can travel.

1 Like