West Feliciana

Hi there, me and my husband are absolute newbies in all of leasing business. We’ve been approached by a company to lease our mineral rights for $200/ac, they sent us an contract, sent a Landman, looks like they’re really want it. My question is how do I find out about how acreage should be priced and where, we just heard someone in Point Coupe area leased a land for $1000/ac. Any suggestions where to start?

1 Like

You will get better response if you copy this and post it in the County and state where you have the minerals. You might want to add a legal location as well because leasing rates vary greatly by geographic area due to the geology and the pending reservoirs. If you are really new, then read the materials listed in the Mineral Help Tab above and the Blogs that are in the Blogs topic area. First offers and first leases are usually low and not in your favor and need negotiations to help get more in your favor. Folks in Louisiana have quite different laws than other states, so post over there to get some feedback from folks in the know.

Thanks, I have notice people are posting sections and specs but I have no clue where to look for them, I got on LDNR sight, but they only have locations of wells as far I can see, can you help me to locate it it’s right by Marydale Camp, in Saint Francisville, 5ac