Wells drilled in Sec 29/30 T26S/R35E Lea County

My family has recently discovered that we have an ORRI in W/2 SW/4 Section 29 and SE/4 NE/4 of Section 30 of T-26-S, R-35-E in Lea County, New Mexico.

We don’t really know how to find out if there are any existing wells or any wells permitted in these portions of the sections. We would be very grateful for any leads in finding this information. Do we contact a governmental office in Lea County?

Thank you so much for your time.

Try looking up the area on the New Mexico gis system.
http://nm-emnrd.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=4d017f2306164de29fd2fb9f8f35ca75

You will prob need to file a probate with the county clerk, but you shouldn’t worry about that for now. Looks like Earthstone has some permits on there, reach out to them and see what they show as you having an interest.

Take a look at what leases the ORRI applies to. Fed leases have expired in both of those locations. If the lease expired, the ORRI expired. As far as I can tell…the current lease for SENE of Sec 30 is NM 104706, it was issued in 2000. It is HBP but its not obvious to me from where. The W2SW of Sec 29 is NM 139373. It was issued in 2019.

I guess its possible that you just discovered an ORRI on a new lease from 2019…

Could you indicate where one can determine the status of a federal or state lease in New Mexico? We have ORRI’s in Lea County also. Thx in advance.

If you use the GIS tool M_Barnes linked above, select a lease on the map, that will have a link to the Serial Registry page that should show the history of the lease. I mean its not intuitive but that works.

Alternatively, you can go to serial registry page in LR2000

https://reports.blm.gov/report/LR2000/65/Pub-CR-Serial-Register-Page

And type in your lease info…

Something like this for NM-104706

And that will kick out the same report. Its VERY particular about how you enter the info so sometimes the map link is a better choice.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.