Well spacings and other questions

I have a well in Bottineau County that is producing. When searching the latest production report by well name in noted that there were three wells mentioned with the exact same name except they ended with 1-H, 2-H, and 3-H. The well that is producing is 1-H the other two were in the appendix of the production report and indicated that there were permits issued for these two. Does this mean that it is likely there will be two more wells on the same piece of land? Can I expect two more division orders?

When they talk about well spacing what are they talking about?

Jon, I suggest you go to the web site, Corinthian.com and click, frequently asked questions . Or look back at a message sent me in which Mr Kennedy explains “spacing”. Is your well a Corinthian well ? We may be in the same spacing.!?! J

Jon, I can't make any observations or suggestions because I don't know what you are looking at. You may be able to glean some spacing information from the GIS server map.

North Dakota Industrial Commission Oil and Gas Production Report. The well is CORINTHIAN SKARPHOL 8-33 1-H. In the appendix of this report there is mention of permits issued for CORINTHIAN SKARPHOL 8-33 2-H and 3-H.

It might help in the future to give the legal description or file number so others can see what you are seeing. T164 R77 section 33. The 1H well (file #22064) spacing is comprised of the NE1/4 of section 33 and the NW 1/4 of section 34. The 2H and 3H have not been spud yet. I think it likely that there will be another well.

Possibly of greater importance to you with NE4 OF 33 and NW4 of 34 spaced together there was a well drilled from NW4 section 34 into the NE4 of section 33 and it has been producing since March of this year 19,701 barrels and is off the confidential list, file # 23895. I guess they forgot to mention the new well to you, don't forget to collect your interest on the royalty. Congratulations on your new well.

That is Backman 4-34 one of 8 we have in the Bottineau area. Corinthian is very difficult to deal with. Hard to get a human being on the phone, at least if you are trying to call Calgary. Never tried any U.S. office.

Can someone explain what all this means?

CORINTHIAN EXPLORATION (USA) CORP, CORINTHIAN SKARPHOL 8-33 3-H, SENE 33- 164N-77W, BOTTINEAU CO., 1971’ FNL AND 736’ FEL, DEVELOPMENT, NORTH SOURIS, 5994’, 8-5/8 INCH , 1608’ GROUND, API #33-009-02331

I understand the first line but not the second except I know this is a permit but no drilling yet.

1-H means it has one horizontal well, 2-H means there is a second well on the same spacing, 3-H means they have a third well on the same spacing. The section is cut into 2 320 acre spacings. A section can have up to 12 wells on it at this time. You will get a division order for each well.

DUE TO MY HUSBANDS DEATH,I HAVE INHERITED THE RIGHTS TO SOME LAND IN HIS GRANDMOTHERS NAME,AND I WAS CONTACTED THAT A WELL KNOWN DRILLER WANTS ME TO SIGN HIS RIGHTS OVER TO THEM,SO,THEY CAN TEST FOR OIL,etc.. I HAVE NOT SIGNED,FOR MY HUSBAND LOVED THAT LAND..HER NAME WAS "RUNNIN',AND HER LAND WAS IN BOTTINEAU,COUNTY,ND..(whoops,did not know caps was on)..can anyone tell me how to find the place,and the people who wanted to drill there??Rosie
PS..they said they would pay me for testing,(less then $100.00),and if they hit oil,I would be paid monthly..duh..does this sound crazy or what?? I want to see if the other relatives signed away their rights!!!