Well - Site Designation Request

We’ve been contacted by a law firm in Milam County offering a small amount of money to our family to agree on a drill zone designation. They say there are practice rigs in the area because they know there are no minerals. This is a new process for us and don’t want to sign off on something that we shouldn’t. Is there anyone that can help us this? Hopefully this is the forum for this sort of question. The agreement states: Limited Surrender and Release of Surface Rights by Mineral Owner.
Thank you.

I have not heard of practice rigs.
Where in Milam county is your land located? To say there are no minerals in Milam County is completely inaccurate. We have had continuous production since the 70’s. What is the name of the Law Firm?

I’m 3 miles South of Gause and I can see Wells flaring gas a couple of miles East of my place. Someone just spent several days moving a rig past my place last week so there is continuing activity in this area. Sadly it’s few miles South of my 245 acres that’s not leased, but I keep hoping.

I would refer you over to the NARO section of the forum for a scam along those lines regarding surface use. See if the language is similar.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.