Well productivity

Greetings Roosevelt mineral owners,

I'm wondering...from those of you who have had wells producing for some length of time what the production numbers are like after the first 12 months are over.

Has your production maintained a certain level...has it decreased by a certain percentage...is it too early to tell what will happen in the next months...etc...

I plan to look at our wells and do an analysis in the near future, but, we have only had production for less than 12 months...so not wanting to jump the gun on this.

Thus, if anyone has had producing wells of 18 months and longer, sure would appreciate you offering what you have found in terms of well production for these wells.

Thanks

Dave

David:

It might be beneficial to give your mineral description (township/range/section). Possibly some areas decline curves differ from others.

We have acreage in 28N 58E sections 19, 20, 29, 30, 32

We also have acreage in 28N 57E sections 25 and 26

The eastern part of Roosevelt county seems to have very similar decline curves....15 months out 3k to 4k bbl per mo. Check out webmapper wells 28n59e and 27n 59e. My acreage is in 29n 59e....most are fairly new wells but a couple of wells at 12 mo still over 4k per mo.

David Peterson said:

We have acreage in 28N 58E sections 19, 20, 29, 30, 32

We also have acreage in 28N 57E sections 25 and 26

You can check here and see how some have declined and many never produced much.

http://www.bogc.dnrc.mt.gov/WebApps/DataMiner/Wells/Wells.aspx

You may have interests in 3 wells that are in the works near mine; the Nelson 27-22 (Statoil)which is drilling, the State 42x-36c that is still confidential but shows some great production on the above sight (XTO), and the

JAR 1-28 that Continental started in May!! I know many have leased for big money for future drilling and one of mine runs out in May of '14 and I hope they re-lease rather than drill. A friend just pocketed $150,000 for re-leasing which beats a few dollars a month that many are getting being a part of a 1280!! My Hawkins 29-32-1H is down to 3000 bbls a month after 18 months and has been worked over twice !

Hi Dave,

No wells have been drilled on ours yet, so I can't offer any advice. You can go to the following site to obtain production data.

http://www.bogc.dnrc.mt.gov:4899/website/mtcbm/viewer.htm

From here you need to zoom into the section of interest. Once there click on the black eye shape with an I in the middle on the top toolbar. Then click on the wells of interest and you can obtain their production history.

If you don't mind my asking, what type of monthly production are you getting?

Thanks,

Joel

Sorry it's taken time to geth back to you Joel...haven't been on the site for a while. For the production of all wells, simply go to the Montana Board of Oil and Gas site, click on "on-line data", then click on "live data access", then "GIS". At that point a map of Montana will show up. Click on the corner of a section you want to look at...drag your mouse to cover what you want to zoom in on...and then release!! Do this a couple times until you center in on the sections you want to see. Then, click on the black circle with the "i" in it.

Now you can view production numbers for any well you want to see. Just click on the well on the map and the information will appear on the bottom of the screen. Click on "show all production" and there you are!!

Now, if you were asking about production in terms of dollar royalties...I feel comfortable saying, for the first six months of 2013, one of our wells has paid out to the LLC a LOW of $1028 per 40 acres...and a HIGH of $2,617 per 40 acres. In others words, production royalties cross over a HUGE span depending on a number of factors: factors which I don't understand but include weather, ability to sell oil, shipping, cost per barrel, and so much more!! That's what I know so far...

Blessings, Dave

Joel Schuetze said:

Hi Dave,

No wells have been drilled on ours yet, so I can't offer any advice. You can go to the following site to obtain production data.

http://www.bogc.dnrc.mt.gov:4899/website/mtcbm/viewer.htm

From here you need to zoom into the section of interest. Once there click on the black eye shape with an I in the middle on the top toolbar. Then click on the wells of interest and you can obtain their production history.

If you don't mind my asking, what type of monthly production are you getting?

Thanks,

Joel