Well production assist

Can someone explain artificial lift, when in the life if a well it’s used, how much of a production increase can be expected, and if it increases the production life of the well? Thanks Duncan

There is no typical answer. It would be totally dependent upon the type of lift, the reservoir, what is left to produce, etc. It usually does increase the production life of the well since the original pressure has been depleted and now it is being helped artificially.

Duncan

I second M_Barnes response. You asked some very broad questions.

Since you posted this under Reeves County I’m thinking that’s most likely means you are wondering about artificial lift used on horizontal wells drilled in the Wolfcamp formation of the Delaware Basin.

If that’s accurate, try googling something along the lines of “artificial lift in the Delaware Basin”, or in the Wolfcamp formation.

Here’s a link to one example that should pop up. Some articles you’ll find may go into a lot more detail than you’re interested in, but you may have a better chance getting what you need there than folks can help you with here. That said, the other thing you might try is using the looking glass feature at the top of this page, just to the right of “New Topic”, to search for previous discussion chains on a similar topic. Stick in there “artificial lift in Reeves County” and see what pops up.

https://onepetro.org/URTECONF/proceedings-abstract/18URTC/1-18URTC/D013S003R003/156997

Thank you both for your response. Sorry for not being more specific, but I just found out about this technology recently and am trying to find out how it affects me and my family. We have mineral rights in 30-32-36-38, block 56, township 3-south, T&P RR, Reeves county. We are seeing some of the early drilled wells production getting pretty low and were wondering what would be the criteria needed to install some type of artificial lift, if there were some rule of thumb that would apply. Thanks again for your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.