Well locations

Can someone help me find the locations (latitude and longitude) for specific wells in McClain county? Is there a site that I can go to that has this info? I intend to visit this are this summer and would like to do a drive by… just for fun.

You can look the wells up on the OCC records site. Search by surface location or name if you know it. Look for the permit which is File 1000. It may or may not have the the lat/long but it will have a tighter location to a particular quarter section. And often a small map. You can also look up the SURVEY for the newer wells and they will have the lat/long. Here is a map with the township and ranges with the roads.

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx McClain County Map.pdf (343.5 KB)

1 Like

I’ve been all over www.nrcs.usda.gov and can’t find the maps like the one you shared. Can you help me find them? Very useful!!

I captured a few of them a few years ago. Can’t find them any more on their website. I share the counties that I have.

NoBS- I believe the location you are looking for is in Section 28. On Martha’s map, it’s just above the lower “76” on highway 76, straight south of Dibble. If I remember correctly it is on the west side as highway curves.

@nobshere1, here is a link that is fairly easy to use to find well locations in Oklahoma. https://wellbrowse.occ.ok.gov/

ODOT (Oklahoma Department of Transportation) has county highway maps. They have highways, roads & towns as well as Sections, Townships and Ranges, rivers & creeks and are like Martha’s McClain map. A few of the maps, larger counties, are 2 pages.
Oklahoma Maps - General County Roads (odot.org) They have a state map of counties, you click on the county you want. You used to be able to buy maps of any county. Several years ago when we were in the City we went to ODOT offices and bought the set of all 77 OK counties. You may be able to print these. If not I’d give ODOT a call and ask if they still sell them. They were not expensive at the time.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.