Well been fracked yet?

Continental drilled 4 wells in Williams county. Is there a way to see if these wells have been fracked? File numbers : 38935, 38936, 38937, 38938. API numbers: 3310505741000, 3310505742000, 33105057430000 and 33105057440000. Than you Randy

Create an account on MineralIQ.com. That site is free and pretty useful for understanding what you own.

What section township and range? It will be easier to hunt them that way, In ND many wells are held confidential for about two years

MineralIQ can be useful, but only if the operator is in their system and only if the wells are producing. The website is tracking revenue. It does track permits near where you already have revenue, so some limits to its usefulness.

SESW31-T155N-R96W in Williams County

There is no information available that confirms that they have been fracked.

Continental sends all of their completion data in ND to FracFocus. Its a registry that tracks chemicals put in the ground. As of today it has all of Continental’s fracks up to late September in it. So either these have not been fracked or it was done in the last 7 weeks. I bet the rig only left in August, so it might be another few months.

Here is fracfocus link, just put in Continental and a date range and search or type in those APIs

https://fracfocusdata.org/DisclosureSearch/Search.aspx

If those are the Roxy wells, the permit was only pulled on May 10, 2022. Since they were drilling four wells in a package, it could take four or five months to drill and complete. The wells spud in mid June, so they may not be finished yet. The State Scout Ticket does not have any more information on them yet. They are about to run into weather issues, so things slow down in the winter. You probably won’t see division orders for another six months or so.

Hi Martha,

I grew up in North Dakota, so I would assume that once the weather turns wintery well fracing stops? I was reading yesterday about the amount of water used to frac wells in the Bakker. There was quite a spread due to I guess the variance of wells and not realistic to come up with an average amount of water used. It looked liked somewhere between 1.5 to 4 million gallons per well, does that sound about right? Interesting stuff for sure.

Randy

The amount of water will depend upon the length of the well and the distance to be frac’d, the operator’s preference for completion technique for the particular horizon. So hard to get a firm answer. “A Lot” is about right.

Average ND well is around 225,000 barrels of water. 10 million gallons. 20-25 barrels per foot of lateral length. Usually things tend to stop in ND when winter ends and you can’t put heavy loads on the roads anymore due to melt/sponginess. But its kinda chilly fracking at -20 F.

Bout half the water you’d use in the Delaware, which just so happens to be a desert and all. Gulp.

1 Like

Hi

I’ve been trying that frac location you provided. I enter the North Dakota and Williams county. I use. Start date of July 1, 2022 through today December 6Th. I enter Continental Resources and no fracked wells come up for that date span. As many wells as they do, would not several likely show during that time frame? Thanks Randy ,

I get the same answer for Williams. None. Lots in Dunn, some in McKenzie. The last frac date they show is mid-Sept so there is clearly some lag in the system.

Laugh, I didn’t even look at the wells prior. I guess XTO finally sold a big chunk of their Williams Cty acreage to Continental. And thus a whole bunch of CLR drilling where there had been very little before. Including these. Around 30 wells drilled in 155 96 and 97 and still two rigs there. Might take a while but you’ll get frac’d. New operator probably a good thing for mineral owners.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.