Well and TX lease number

Hello,

I'm trying to find someone who can help me. I signed a lease in March '10. The landman told me my well was located by Walmart (Hog). A week ago Redsky said that I would be getting my division order in the mail at the end of this month. Today, I called chk and they said that they did not know which well I was tied to. The only thing chk was able to tell me was my owner number and a TX lease number.

First, how do I find out which well or wells I'm tied to?

Second, What is this TX lease number they gave me?

Thanks

Dawn:

I'm not sure what number you are referring to but it is either a drilling permit number or the lease ID# which are assigned by the Railroad Commission of Texas. You can call the RRC office in Austin and give them this number and someone should be able to give you the information you are requesting. If this is a lease ID#, every lease in Texas is assigned a number by the RRC which is used to identify the well or wells associated with the lease. A lease ID# with 5 numbers is an oil lease and one with 6 numbers is a gas lease. I believe that gas wells are assigned only one number where an oil lease with multiple wells could have the same lease ID# number even though there might be two or more wells associated with that lease.

Dawn, I’ll also add that there is a Hog A & a Hog B unit that are side by side. Both have producing wells. The pad site is on the east side of 174 & the bore travels under 174 to the west/nw.

charles s mallory said:

Dawn:

I'm not sure what number you are referring to but it is either a drilling permit number or the lease ID# which are assigned by the Railroad Commission of Texas. You can call the RRC office in Austin and give them this number and someone should be able to give you the information you are requesting. If this is a lease ID#, every lease in Texas is assigned a number by the RRC which is used to identify the well or wells associated with the lease. A lease ID# with 5 numbers is an oil lease and one with 6 numbers is a gas lease. I believe that gas wells are assigned only one number where an oil lease with multiple wells could have the same lease ID# number even though there might be two or more wells associated with that lease.