Well Activity

Hi,

We are new to this - can anyone tell me is there any activity in the following areas:

Section 22-18S-32E 23-18S-32E It states Federal F? This is greek to me! Thank you.

Hi, Readingteach! Welcome. This is a snapshot of the activity on those sections. There are older wells still producing in those sections. The green dots with diagonal lines through them are plugged and abandoned wells or cancelled locations. Green dots are oil wells and red 'suns are gas wells. Purple arrows are injection wells. I would not anticipate to see much new drilling activity there in today’s economics. Let me know if you have any other questions.

See the two dotted lines that start at the top of Sec 23? Those are brand new Mewbourne wells. Drilled in late 2023. Frac’d in January. See below.

What does that mean for OP? It means Sec 23 is worth a lot more than if nothing was happening there. And that drags up the value of Sec 22 also.

Hi,

Thank you soooo much. We are all just clueless. I know Mewbourne was going to start drilling. So…are you telling me I can’t retire from teaching lol? I reallllllllly appreciate your response!

Hi NM,

Appreciate it! We were told by Mewbourne they were going to be drilling at end of year/beginning of year…any guess on the outcome? lol…Really appreciate your info!

Great catch NMoilboy! I did not click around enough. One is over 20,000’ feet deep and is a strong producer, which says great things about the producing zones there. He is right, if you are looking to sell, make sure to market both sections together. OP, if you want to poke around and get well information yourself, you can go to: ArcGIS Web Application and search by API, being “30-025-51916” and click ‘zoom to’ to access more well information.

Thank you so much. You are amazing - sincerely appreciate the information.

Hi, my sister spoke to Mewbourne today. The message she relayed to me is that they are producing in 23 and 26. (we don’t have anything in 26, but do have in 22). They told her that 23 went online to sell January 2nd and that they would know more in 2-3 months after title and mineral rights people get involved. Fingers crossed.

Yeah the two Querecho wells shown above in 23/26 are online and have public production info for January at NMOCD. They haven’t made much oil thus far, but it usually takes a month or two for the oil to “fight through” all of the frac water. The Mewbourne wells further north of there (all named after Game of Thrones references) have been good, these should be the same. Here are the two wells.

https://wwwapps.emnrd.nm.gov/OCD/OCDPermitting/Data/WellDetails.aspx?api=30-025-51936

https://wwwapps.emnrd.nm.gov/OCD/OCDPermitting/Data/WellDetails.aspx?api=30-025-51916

Thank you so much NM - your information is truly appreciated. Have a great evening.