Well activity question in 35 18N 08W

Hello, I am looking for help understanding a couple of causes that I just received notice of which effect mineral interest I own in 35 18N 08W.

Cause 201904994 states that Chisholm is seeking to increase the well density on Order no. 663007 by adding two more wells. Currently 1 well is producing under this order. This seems pretty clear and it states that they will be drilled in Section 35.

Cause 201904991 states that Chisholm is seeking to drill a multi unit horizontal well which encompasses section 26 18N 08W along with section 35. Section 26 also has an existing spacing order no. 679489. Looking additionally at Cause 201905028 it states that they are looking at initially 2 wells for this multi unit drilling.

The hopeful side of my brain has me thinking that if approved this means that I will have interest in 4 additional new wells. 2 of which are going under order 663007 in section 35 that I have interest in, and 2 of which are going to be drilled in the new multi unit drilling for section 26 & 35.

However the doubting side of my brain is wondering if maybe all of these causes are talking about the same 2 wells - - - not actually 4 different wells. It doesn’t make sense to me why they would have initiated all of the different causes if that is the case, but it does have me wondering…

Can anyone shed light and help me with what my expectations might be for this?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Scott: They are asking for 2 new wells that will take in both sections. Each section will share in approximately 50% of the wellbores. A final determination will be made depending on the perforation footage in each section.

So no, there won’t be 4 new wells, only 2. Each horizontal leg will be approximately 10,000’ in length.

Good Luck. Todd M. Baker

1 Like

Thanks, Todd! I appreciate you looking at this for me…

Scott, Sec. 26 and Sec. 35 are both spaced 640 acres for horizontal drilling so each section needs an increased density order (for 2 wells in this case). Operators cannot drill a well under more than one unit (each section is a 640 unit) without permission from the OCC; therefore, the need for the multi unit development application. As Todd said, two additional wells at this time.

1 Like

Thanks soonerpe for the confirmation as well as clarification!