Well activity in Hughes County Ok

Well folks-----I’m back! This FORUM is such a great tool to stay informed. Now, my current comment is the exciting new plans to drill 4 (that is four) new wells S21-07N-10E (part of a MultiUnit Horizontal Well. in

For some reason I was timed out in my comment re S21-07N-10E. Does any member have any new information on the planned four new wells on S21-07N-10E. Hughes Co. Ok?

Thank you, Leta C.

This is the incomplete comment that the system ‘timed me out’ but for some reason printed the incomplete sentence. I shall try again. TRINITY (OPERATOR out of TX). has sought “RELIEF” and was Granted ‘Increased Well Density’ for four new wells in the area of S21-07N-10E. If any member knows of the SPUD DATE, for these four new wells I would appreciate your response. Thank you. Leta C.

Its pretty active. There is a mineral rights website i belong to that stays pretty true to activity. Its $35 a year but i personally think its worth it. Its Oklahoma Mineral Owner Registry. My parents belonged to it when they had the rights.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx S21-07N-10E Leta, you can watch the spud dates at the OCC website listed above. 1001A is the form. Dora 4 and Dora 5 have spud. Look them up in 2107N10E.

THANK YOU M BARNES. You have helped so many members on this forum. I am a NOVICE and we need knowledgeable persons to guide us through this maze.

Leta C.

As a professional my suggestion is you should lease for at least $2,500/acre and 1/5th royalty if it is a horizontal hole. The lease broker, in likely hood, will tell you if it is for horizontal hole. If the lease bonus is $300-400/acre for a vertical well then it is 2-3K/acre for a horizontal hole.

Correction:

As a professional my suggestion is you should lease for at least $2,500/acre and 1/5th royalty if it is a horizontal hole. The lease broker, in all likely hood, will not tell you if it is for horizontal hole. If the lease bonus is $300-400/acre for a vertical well then it is 2-3K/acre for a horizontal hole. I like to be pooled because of lots of benefits. If the offer is low for pooling I will contact the company and OCC and launch the protest.

Good luck getting that much.

This is mostly gas country, not oil . The Pooling by Silver Creek in sec 24-7N-8E in 2018 was for $550 3/16 and $500 1/5. Sec 25 was also the same thing. Sec 36 was for $525 3/16 and $500 1/5. For horizontal wells. Horizontals are just barely starting in this township.

1 Like

Once drilling starts there are good wells the leases go up in price and royalty. It is several times higher horizontal wells than verticals.

In Utica Shale of eastern Ohio the leases were going for $10/acre and 1/8th royalty. Once horizontal drilling in the Utica Shale became successful same leases went for over $3,000/acre and much higher royalty. In Stack play, OK mineral owners sometimes got over $20,000 per acre and 1/5th royalty.

I think your $20,000/ac and 1/5th is too high for a lease. If it is real, which section, township and range? That might have been for a sale in the STACK. Depending upon the location, I have heard a bit more per acres for a sale depending upon the royalty and the location. . The STACK play has at least five different reservoirs with gas, condensate and oil. The Arkoma Basin where Hughes county is located is not quite in the same league, so it would be unreasonable at this juncture to predict $20,000 and 1/5th royalty.

2 Likes

What is the highest dollars/mineral acre paid in Hughes County so far. With drilling moving to Hughes County the cost to lease or buyer minerals will go up. The Calvin, Senora, Red Fork, Bartlesville, Cromwell, Booch, Gilcrease, Mississippian, Woodford, Hunton, Viola and Wilcox have produced oil and gas in Hughes County for a long time. The geology and reservoir evaluation show high reserves for Hughes County.

Jaffrey Zadar

A long lateral has just been completed in Sec 6-9N-10E. My unconfirmed information is it came at 1,240 MCF plus 200 BOPD. Can any one confirm it. Is there any drilling in 9 N - 9 & 10 E.?

M Barnes, new Question. Just received info on COMPLETION of DORA 4. I ‘need to know’ if WOODFORD (4817): Gas 2646 Water 4563 Flow on 21/7N/10E Dora 4-21/28h, December 14, 2018. Is this production good value or bad value?..Thank you, Leta C. ,MONTANA

The completion report is not really a good indicator of the well. It has the frac water in it. Really to early to say. It takes a while for the well to clean up. The good news is that you have gas, so it is productive. The things I look for on the completion report are whether it has gas and/or oil, the choke size, and the pressure and whether it is flowing on its own or under gas lift.

M Barnes, I thank you as always. When I grow up :slight_smile: …I want to be a Geologist with your knowledge. I looked for the reference of “CHOKE” & PRESSURE. Says ‘Choke Size’ --FULL; And flow tubing pressure–900. If you are of the mind-set to tell me if good or bad I would be much obliged. Leta C. MONTANA

Full means the choke is wide open. Usually an inch, but they report it in 64ths of an inch. 900 is not that high, kind of mid range. A petroleum engineer could speak better to that number.

We received a Division Order from Corterra Energy, LLC, Property #1009, Property Name: Weather 1423-1HX in Hughes County. Our property description is 14-7N-9E & 23-7N-9E. Does anyone know where we can look up how the pooling lease reads?

The pooling case number for Section 14 is 201702630. The pooling case number for Section 23 is 201702629.
You can look them up on the OCC OAP site listed here in blue.
http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx