Welhausen and other Geosouthern Wells

So my in-laws all live in the Shiner/Moulton area and there's been no shortage of rumors and tales surrounding Geosouthern's Welhausen well just east of Shiner. I believe that well was spudded in early March and the rumors are flying around that the well was a dud. Everything is moved off location and that rig (Unit's Rig #324) has now moved about 5 1/2 miles southwest to Geosouthern's Stefanie Unit #1.

What, if anything, does anyone know about this. I've heard everything under the sky on what happened but I would like to know concrete details. I doubt that if it were simply a dud that they would pick up and drill a couple miles southwest of there and spend millions more in relatively close proximity to the Welhausen well. My guess is they may bring in a workover rig at a later date and that they may have run into some problems downhole.

What I have heard is that they did have problems with the well, and they are trying in another location. They may come back to this well, if the next one turns out better. This have received some new pointers on how to be productive in their drilling. I guess this type of drilling is not as easy as they have anticipated. I sure hope they get it down and start being productive soon… They have also put a halt to leasing in the area…

gabby said:

What I have heard is that they did have problems with the well, and they are trying in another location. They may come back to this well, if the next one turns out better. This have received some new pointers on how to be productive in their drilling. I guess this type of drilling is not as easy as they have anticipated. I sure hope they get it down and start being productive soon... They have also put a halt to leasing in the area....

Did they totally shut down the rig East of Shiner on 90?

Have they started drilling on their site 4 miles south of there?

I understand they may've made a well on Stefanie Unit #1 --- west of Hwy 95 aout 4 miles S of Shiner. Anyone know for sure?