Weld County CO

I need to find competent counsel or representation in Colorado. Oil company wants an easement thru my family’s property so they can drill on State land. I am also wondering if I should request an engineering study done by the drilling company to determine if my family’s property is a part of the formation that is being targeted. Can anyone give me advise on seeking representation in Colorado. I am in Missouri.

I’d recommend Michael Elliott. http://elliott-legal.com/contact.html. It wouldn’t be an engineering study, but rather a geographical survey I think it is, and no, they won’t share it with you. If it’s Weld County, the formation is the Niobrara. If your family’s land touches the State land, then yes, quite likely there is oil under it as well. Have you asked the company that wants the easement if they would like to lease your family’s rights? The fact that they haven’t already offered makes me wonder if you own the rights? If you haven’t already, do a search in the box in the corner under “Weld County”.

We own the rights as my grandmother homesteaded the land in the early 1900s. The land man that initially contacted us talked of an eventual lease but first they want the easement. We have had oil companies contact us since the 1960s about leases. Thank you for the referral. Have you had personal experience with this attorney?

Good, I’m glad you own them! Mike is on the forum, and we spoke to him a bit via email and phone. We were going to have him look over the final lease, but he wasn’t going to be able to do it for at least a week, and we were in a hurry to get it done. He seems like a good guy, and he knows what he’s talking about, and I like his experience.

Melanie Smith said:

We own the rights as my grandmother homesteaded the land in the early 1900s. The land man that initially contacted us talked of an eventual lease but first they want the easement. We have had oil companies contact us since the 1960s about leases. Thank you for the referral. Have you had personal experience with this attorney?

All:

My regrets to have been out of synch for a couple of weeks, but my teenage sons needed a vacation before school resumed and then I had to deal with pending business.

Lisa & Bryan, thanks for the recommendation. As you know, I’m on the side of the rights owners.

Let’s catch up on the details.

Best,

Mike Michael P. Elliott Attorney at Law 1525 17th Street Denver, CO 80202 Main: 303-298-1020 Direct: 720-341-1396 E: www.elliott-legal.com

Clunky Disclaimer: Not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship established until further notice.