Weld cnty lease descrip help

I'm a newbe to this - I by inheaitance have a small mineral right interest in Weld county colorado:

Township 7 North, Range 61 west

6th p m section 20: S 1/2 SE1/4 section 29: N 1/2 NE1/4

So what does this mean - How do I find out how many acres and where it is in Weld cnty, etc?

Cheryl:

This a physical description of your minerals. The State of Colorado is divided up in Sections (each Section usually contains 640 acres) and the Township/Range is the area of the Section. You might be able to access the website of the State Agency that regulates oil and gas in Colorado and enter your mineral description in order to learn the exact location of these minerals. Be sure that the minerals are recorded in your name at the County Clerks office in the County where they are located as this is how landmen, etc. are able to contact you in order to lease the minerals. Your # of acres should be listed on the records at the County Clerk office. Finally, you might want to post future questions about Weld County under "County Groups" (see above); scroll down to Colorado and find Weld County. This site is comprised of others who possess mineral interests in Weld County.

Thank you i will do this.

charles s mallory said:

Cheryl:

This a physical description of your minerals. The State of Colorado is divided up in Sections (each Section usually contains 640 acres) and the Township/Range is the area of the Section. You might be able to access the website of the State Agency that regulates oil and gas in Colorado and enter your mineral description in order to learn the exact location of these minerals. Be sure that the minerals are recorded in your name at the County Clerks office in the County where they are located as this is how landmen, etc. are able to contact you in order to lease the minerals. Your # of acres should be listed on the records at the County Clerk office. Finally, you might want to post future questions about Weld County under "County Groups" (see above); scroll down to Colorado and find Weld County. This site is comprised of others who possess mineral interests in Weld County.