Weimar in Colorado County TX - Eagleford present?

Does anyone know if colorado county is in the eagleford shale play off I10 east of weimar

http://www.eaglefordshale.com/maps-and-counties/

From looking at these maps, I would guess that it is present in Colorado County, but I haven't heard of a lot of activity there.

I looked at a map that depicts about the western half of Colorado County in the EF Play zone. There is no activity targeting the EF yet in the County and they just started in Fayette County. So activity is slowly moving northeastward. The only sure way of knowing the extent of the play area is for a well to be drilled, targeting the EF, in your area. The eastern extent of the EF play is said to be a “dry gas” zone. The mid to western part of the play is said to be where condensate and oil may be found. These “oily” areas will get the attention for the time being so I would not think much will happen in the dry gas areas until natural gas prices rise, reportedly, to at least around the 6 bucks per mcf area.

Nancy,

Here are a few recent Eagle Ford maps from companies that are operating in the Northern part of the play. As Mike said above, the Northwestern portion of Colorado is situated in the "dry gas" zone assessed by many of these companies an a few even have a small sliver of that area falling in the "wet gas" transition zone.

Until a few test wells are drilled to either prove up or disprove the region, or until modern 3-D seismic is run then this area will still be in the more speculative region of the play and one that would not likely see significant activity until NG prices improve to a more economic level.

3007-EOGNov2010EFMap.JPG (117 KB) 3008-ETCChisholmPipeline.JPG (147 KB) 3009-GeoResourcesDecember2010EFMap.JPG (158 KB)

thanks so much i was wondering the difference in the wet or dry gas do they both pay or is one better than the other

nancy peterson said:

thanks so much
i was wondering the difference in the wet or dry gas do they both pay or is one better than the other

Dillon said - I'm no expert but as I understand it you are able to get oil out of "wet gas" whereas "dry gas" produces mostly just gas

In recent years oil has gone from $50 to $100 as the gas price went from $8-$10 to around $3-$4.

WIth oil doubling in price & gas going down more than 50%, everyone seems to want to go for oil

After spending millions on a well it is much harder to make a gas well pay off.

We also have property in the area between Weimar & Columbus - Where is your property located?
-------------------------------------------
nancy peterson said:
thanks so much
i was wondering the difference in the wet or dry gas do they both pay or is one better than the other

Devon is in the process of completing a seismic shoot in Colorado County. We have signed the permits and are about a month away from the actual shoot. The drilled one well on the east side of the fair grounds, but no one is really saying much.

“wet gas” contains hydrocarbons that condense at normal temperatures, therefore called “condensates” These are things like propane, butane, and other natural gas liquids. gasoline can be one gas high in these liquids might also be called "rich " because the energy content per cubic foot is much higher than simple natural gas Wells in Colorado county that were drilled down to the Edwards /Stuart city reef trend went thru the Eagle Ford just before they hit their target zone so there is some knowledge about the EF in Colorado county that is out there

that is good to know, is devon a seismic company, the fair grounds your talking about is that in weimar,tx