Wehlu unit mineral rights

Condolences on your loss. This has been a hard year…

Always good to slow down a bit on selling anything until you understand what you have and what its future potential might be. Do you have the the Section, Township and Range? I am guessing that WEHLU is the West Edmond Hunton Lime Unit. That is a very old field.

In the “old days” the general offers were for about four years of oil production and seven years of gas production for conventional vertical wells. However, if you have potential for horizontal wells under the current field, you might not be quick to sell.
28-13N-4W?

Hi, you are correct. Section 28 13N 4W, and thank you for the condolences. Yes, it’s been a tough time for many.

There is a new well being drilled in Section 20, so just NW of Section 28, but no results have been posted yet in the Oklahoma Mineral Owner Registry. I’m slowly trying to get up-to-speed on what this is all about so thank you for the quick response. I will try to contact Revolution Resources to see if I can get some production information from them to try to make sense of the valuation.

Thank you again,

Jim

Stay away from the mineral registry. They are a SCAM. If your correct contact information is shown in the county clerk’s office that is sufficient for everyone to find you. Again the Mineral Owner Registry is a SCAM.

The true repository of information is the OK Corporation Commission and the OK tax site.

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx Search with the surface location.

Gross Production I usually start with the bottom hole location and then work up to the surface location to see if the wells are active. Production data usually runs about four months behind.

Our family has minerals in some of these old waterflood units. Our particular wells that my grandfather had back in the day are long gone, but we are still getting royalties on other vertical wells in the field and now new horizontal drilling, so don’t be too quick to sell until you really understand what is going on.

I’m trying to find out if anything has been, is being or will be paid on a lease owned and passed down. The DO I have shows the WEHLU, E/2 of 17-14N-4W. I looked at the Gross Production link M_Barnes included above but it shows ‘no record found’. Not sure if that means there is no production or if there’s just no record. It appears I’m in the same boat as a lot of people on this forum.

Myself and my siblings also inherited mineral rights when my mom passed away. I still need to file the heirship papers, but the royalty payments have continued into my moms account. This year there have been five payments, so far. Revolution Resources are the ones sending the checks, but they have stonewalled me on getting any useful information out of them. The funny thing is, that once I started asking for information about the lease arrangement and production numbers, the royalty payments more than doubled what they had been for the last 4 or 5 years when my mom was still alive. I’m not sure what that means yet, but after I file the heirship papers I intend to find out. Our rights are in Section 28, 13N 4W.

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.asp

Type 1714N04W into the Legal Location box. You can see all the wells that were drilled in that section. The Well names were Cypher, Kate Lynch, McCune and Wright for the old West Edmond Hunton Lime Unit. All those wells have been P&A now, but did have production. McCune wells seem to be on the East Half.

However, you will probably be more interested in the three Arrowhead 1404 20-17 horizontal wells which have a surface location in 20 and go north into section 17. Look them up in section 20. They were completed in 2019.

Thank you for your reply. I’m new to this, does your comment regarding the Arrowhead wells mean that even though they’re pumping in Section 20 that our rights would still receive royalties since they have drilled horizontally into Section 17?

The old wells in that section are part of the Edmond West Field which were conventional vertical wells. Oil and gas prices were up significantly this year, so that helps. Looks like you might have three new horizontal wells. Do the check stubs have wells called Walden on them?

I’m not certain if my mother has received any royalties from this lease. She’s in IL and I’m in CA. I reached out to Revolution Resources to get some information regarding the lease but have not heard back yet. I’m just starting the process of trying to piece these together. I appreciate the help you are providing.