We got a Division Order...what's next?

We just received our division order from the company (one of the large ones in play in Gonzales county) and we aren't sure what happens next. We leased them land for oil and they told us we were next on the docket last summer, but didn't know whether or not to believe them or not.

I wasn't informed if our well(s) was (were) put in, or how many were installed (I'm sure that's the wrong word.)

Can someone help me answer the following:

1. What happens after you receive the division order (which only told us what we already knew; how much land we have, our %, etc.)

2. How can I found out, save for calling them, how many wells, if any, were installed? (I keep reading that you only receive this after the well is installed - not sure if that is true.)

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Tim

Sign that puppy and send it in. It’s the company sending you an acknowledgment of your royalty/and/or mineral ownership. This is the last step before you get paid on your production! Best of luck to you and I hope the well was a gusher :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how we go about searching online if a well(s) was put on the land? Are division orders only for oil and not natural gas? Thanks!!

A division means your are a royalty owner and you are in the unit. They division order should tell you what your interest in the well is

Hi Tim - I am in a similar position as you are. I contacted land department of oil company. They are usually helpful folks. I was informed my land had a pad site with two wells being drilled, Fortunately both wells produced. Division orders are forthcoming as you read this. About a month or so later royalty checks should be mailed. Congratulations and enjoy. Jim H.

P.S.- Be careful and make sure your division orders are correct as to your share. Have you checked the deed records at the county records to check on mineral and royalty ownership?

jim henderson said:

Thanks, Jim. Yes, we checked it and it is correct. I'm confused about something though, because everywhere I check online there doesn't seem to be a permit for a well. I went here (see link) and searched on our name, and found plenty of permits for wells (under other names) but there was nothing for an approved permit/well under our name: http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/ewaMain.do

Any thoughts?

You mention a "land department of oil company." Can you help me understand what you mean? Are you referring to the land department of the oil company with our lease?

Lastly, is there a chance that even though we received a division order there won't be any royalties, or are they sending it because there are/going to be some?

Sorry for the questions. Thanks

To identify the well call Texas Railroad Commission in Austin, Tx. They will give you permit number and well info.

Yes to calling oil company that drilled. They will have initial flow information. Probably only oil pay as gas is mostly found due South some miles I have been told.

If you received division orders you will be entitled to your share of production. Congratulations!

Craig Trenton said:

jim henderson said:

Thanks, Jim. Yes, we checked it and it is correct. I'm confused about something though, because everywhere I check online there doesn't seem to be a permit for a well. I went here (see link) and searched on our name, and found plenty of permits for wells (under other names) but there was nothing for an approved permit/well under our name: http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/ewaMain.do

Any thoughts?

You mention a "land department of oil company." Can you help me understand what you mean? Are you referring to the land department of the oil company with our lease?

Lastly, is there a chance that even though we received a division order there won't be any royalties, or are they sending it because there are/going to be some?

Sorry for the questions. Thanks

Ok, thanks Jim and everyone else!

U can view all permits online. Just google texas drilling permits

There is a video on the home page of this site that shows you how to navigate the RRC website.