Water lines are payable

I thought I might add this bit of expereince to anyone interested. When a company lays water lines in your ditch, they must pay you rent for that space. You own the land up to the middle of the road, and despite what your county officials might try to tell you, that is your property and you are owed rent bu the oil company that is using your ditch. Ive been through this and have been paid for the lines in my ditch. It caused quite a stir when I started making calls and in the end the oil company attempted to get me to sign a confidentiality clause on our agreement which my attorney disregarded and wrote that part out. We never had to go to court, when my attorney made a phone call and we got paid. Should you be in any situation regarding oil and gas, he is the best in the state. He works for the land and mineral rights owners.

Just letting you know that as a land owner you do have rights.

Long the same line, I was talking to the wife today about the SHL leases. It looks to me that the areas they clear for drilling is about 5 acres and that area will be in production for along time.

Does anyone know what the going rate for leasing the Surface Hole Location?