Water linear lines laid across your property. Price per linear rod in Revees county

Could someone tell me the normal rate for laying water pipes on top of your land for linear rods? Would it cost more for 4 movable pipes or would it be the same as 2 water pipes? Would it be more for a yearly rates?

Any and all information would be a great help, as I have been contacted from a company to be tied to a contract.

Thanks,

Louise

Louise,

My experience with pipelines has been only for an easement to bury them so my situation is not likely the same, but the rates can be more or less $100/rod. I have received both more and less than this rate, but again it was for a permanent easement. I would guess your rate would be lower for a water pipe if it is temporary.

best of luck, fred K....fellow Reeves cty owner.

Fred, thank you so much for the information. I appreciate it so very much. All the help I can get is just education for me.... so much to learn.

Louise

fred klein said:

Louise,

My experience with pipelines has been only for an easement to bury them so my situation is not likely the same, but the rates can be more or less $100/rod. I have received both more and less than this rate, but again it was for a permanent easement. I would guess your rate would be lower for a water pipe if it is temporary.

best of luck, fred K....fellow Reeves cty owner.

Agree, I have received invaluable info from the many participants in this web.....still learning

Louise, I’m with Fred and only have experience with buried lines, but minimum er figure is $2.50 per inch of outside diameter, per foot. Diameter of pipe is what tends to set the base rate, then linear foot. Because these are temporary, you should be able to negotiate an annual lease rather than one time payment. Definitely have a set term.

Lori I sure thank you for this information. It is helpful but sure is a lot of foot work, for sure. I appreciate all the help to all on this forum.

Louise

Lori Hodge said:

Louise, I'm with Fred and only have experience with buried lines, but minimum er figure is $2.50 per inch of outside diameter, per foot. Diameter of pipe is what tends to set the base rate, then linear foot. Because these are temporary, you should be able to negotiate an annual lease rather than one time payment. Definitely have a set term.

My name is John. I have a 160 acre lot. I have an offer to have a 8" saltwater line installed below ground. I am trying to verify the per linear rod price for a permanent easement. I saw a response from Lori Hodge that stated Minumum $2.50 per inch outside diameter per foot would this be 2.5 x 8 x 1 lf x 16.5 feet/rod = 330.00 / rod. I am seeing accepted prices of $100 / rod. Is the previous estimate off and should be $0.25 / " dia / lf. This would be minimum $82.50/ rod. Also they wish for a 50' easement for construction. This I believe is normal but does it add to the $/rod and should there be restrictions or fees for access routes to the easement. I believe they should stay in the easement once they are there for maintenance and repairs. Also what should be allowed to be constructed in the easement (structures, pads, fences, etc ) with or without fees. Thanks. I am learning. Been reading but have learned to ask question has I learn.

This John again. I do not know why I said the rate would be $0.25/ " dia. I hade divided the total of 330 by 4 so the cost would be $0.64. Dumb typing.