Wasn't informed i had mineral rights til 5 years later after production

my dad’s wife disclaimed her rights yet my cousin didn’t inform me so never collected my royalty payments. they are now suspended. the payments started late 2014 so I’ve been told. two wells still going. my cousin has not apologized nor has he hired a north Dakota oil/gas lawyer to deal timely with suspension. I still don’t know when I will get paid. I have been without any income the past two years essentially. so I have been without transparency and accountability and even diligence. this was a title intestate via my grandpa. never probated and was accepted by Kodiak Oil with just a flimsy heirship via my cousin who did a lousy job of administering info etc. I want to sue my cousin. how much trouble is he in ??

would probably need a lot more info. I would suggest you divert your attention to getting an atty in ND to get you into pay status and get paid by the operator of the well in question. In other words, forget the cousin, pay attention to the oil company.

2 Likes

yes thanks for reply Tim…i am in line to get a accrued check & we are to be out of suspension also of course. yet even that has been dragging. Ten months so far. because my family has not followed advice to hire an exp oil law firm outta williams county. so we have fumbled our way forward meanwhile i will try too to hold my cousin and brother accountable.