Washington County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks for that good information. For clarification, Wildhorse has leased the 75% mineral interest that I do not own.

Hi. I am new here and a novice in O&G who inherited many small fractional mineral and royalty interests throughout several TX counties.

I would like to know if someone can tell me how to find out how many acres I own within a pooled lease unit, the Wehmeyer Unit 1. My dad owned ~99 ac and sold the surface and mineral rights but kept 1/2 of of the non-participating RI. In 1998 Union Pacific Resources asked me to sign a lease ratification with other owners as my having "a portion of such [refers to deed] land being covered by the lease." Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the recorded document, only an unsigned copy. I do have in my handwritten noted form the original phone call from the landman that the lease would incorporate either 60 or 66 ac of the 99. I would like to think I would still be holding on to a portion of this property, although I am concerned it will become totally landlocked as can be seen on the TRCC stit Gis viewer(I did learn how to use this some) and on google earth it is right next to Hwy 290 near the junction with 389.

Union Pacific merged with Anadarko, then Enervest took over as operator. The last production check I got was in 2014.
Since I did get royalty checks (these properties were deeded to me a few years ago out of a trust), doesn't that mean there is a division order, and would that list my ac portion? I don't know why I wouldn't have this in my files.

The current offer to purchase my lease is $4400 from Choctaw. I don't know for specifically how many ac, how many of my 99 are in the unit up for the offer. What database or where do I look to find this info?

A couple of people I talked to including a landman, indicated they thought I should take this offer.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cary

If you haven't tried them I'd call Enervest's royalty accounting (888) 988-3637. They should be able to send you a copy of the last division order covering the interest you inherited in the Wehmeyer Unit.

RRC shows the last month production Enervest reported there was in Aug '14 but it's shown as being "Temp Abandoned", not plugged. Enervest hasn't done anything in that area recently but has been adding new wells in some of their existing units further west in Washington County. If you haven't gotten any shut-in royalty payments from them since 2014 you might ask EV if they think they still have a valid lease there. You also might want to find out who currently owns the mineral interest that your royalty interest came out of so you'll know who would be in handling the negotiations if more leasing occurred.

I don't know if it will help you but this link will take you to 75 pages of RRC historical records on the Wehmeyer. https://tinyurl.com/ydez9vr7

The Certification of Pooling Authority that starts on page 18 lists 126 surface owners that were included in the total 1,149.85 acre unit and a copy of the unit plat showing those individual tracts is on page 28.

You made a comment about liking to think you would still be holding on to a portion of this property but were concerned about it becoming landlocked. Don't see how that applies if you say you only have a royalty interest and your father sold the land and minerals.

Good luck with your search

Thank you for your reply. I just called Enervest and they advised me to send an email requesting a copy of the division order. I will look into and review the other info you posted.

I clicked on the tinyurl, but it says page not found.

Here's the full version. Hope it works better.

https://rrcsearch3.neubus.com//rrcdisplay/d59816cd87896a095aec6b7a435f2937_1519259369.pdf

Here is a link to news about the evacuation related to the leak from the well Wildhorse Resources just finished fracking on FM 390 just east of 1948.

It will be interesting to see how this effects the plans WH recently announced to drill at least six more Austin Chalk wells in Washington County this year.

http://www.kbtx.com/video?vid=476885503

Geosouthern now has two rigs working near Burton. They recently set up on the new pad just west of Burton off FM 1697 and also the one off FM 2502 about mile east of 290. They have permits for multiple wells from both those site.

Wildhorse doesn't seem to have anything drilling in WC right now but is moving dirt on a new pad off 390 on the west side of Burton near Engelbrecht Road. They have permits for two wells there that will offset Geosouthern's Fowler well on Wildflower Road. Wildhorse said in their last earnings report they plan to have two rigs dedicated to Washington County starting 1st Qtr next year.

Trying to get in touch withthe Landman for Blackbrush in Washington County. DOes anyone have a name and number?

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf

Kirch, I'd call EOG's district office in San Antonio (210) 403-7700.

EOG hasn't done any leasing in Washington County lately, at least not in their own name. Supposedly Pallas is working for them but don't know a contact.