Wasatch County Utah well-- any information?

Does anyone have additional information about the well in Wasatch County, Utah?

API # 4305150003 Well Name: Coleman 1-29-29 Operator: Green River Operating LLC Wildcat SWNE Section 29, T2S R9W

Thanks, Jay Stone

https://oilgas.ogm.utah.gov/oilgasweb/live-data-search/lds-files/files-lu.xhtml

Thank you for the response. When checking the state’s website, it indicates the well is confidential. I do not see a way to access the well file. What am I missing? Thanks again.

I’ve been poking around Wasatch/Duchesne counties lately. Next time I’m at my computer (vs my phone) I’ll take a look and let you know. Remind me here if I forget!

While the well is on “confidential” status, the well data is not usually available other than API and name. When it comes off “confidential” status, the data should be released. Maybe someone more familiar with the area has information.

I’m seeing this as a test to the boundary of the Uinta Basin. The basin has had good luck lately using modern completion technology to produce the shale oil in Duchesne county. This well is very far from existing production (>10 miles from the nearest real production). Also considering this is the only well marked with Green River Operating LLC in the area as the operator, my interpretation would be this is a wildcat investor hoping to get lucky.

My sources show 12,000’ depth and a vertical well, spud 11/14/2020 (current status is still “drilling”), which can be confirmed with satellite image. Likely the target is shallower Wasatch formation but they wanted plenty of room to explore. It’s probably no coincidence there’s a mapped set of faults right where they’re targeting, as that can sometimes work in your favor (but can be a pain to drill).

1 Like

Nice maps! The Utah oil and gas commission will have a document that somewhere in it will state how long wells can be held on the confidential list. Various states have different time frames.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.