Warning: Reeves Co. Texas Is sending duplicate tax bills

There is a long thread about this elsewhere, but I just want to draw attention to the duplicate billings. My experience is: a. In July 2022 I received a Supplemental Tax Statement for 2021 taxes on two of my Reeves County wells. I paid it within two days of receipt. b. In January 2023 I received 2020 Supplemental Tax Statements for 2020 tax on two wells unknown to me. I was aware of the problems that assessor/tax office has been having, so I simply filed the statements without paying or writing or calling. c. On 3/1/23 I received a Supplemental/Corrected Tax Statement for 2021 taxes on two of my Reeves County wells. An explanatory letter is enclosed acknowledging past problems and offering assurance that the enclosed tax statement is correct. (No penalty on this if paid by 1/31/24.) After wasting some of my time setting up a payment on my bank website, I realized this tax bill is for exactly the same amount on exactly the same two wells and the same tax year of the bill that I had received and paid in July 2022. So I will sit tight for a few weeks, and then make inquiry to make sure this bill was nullified and that I am not in arrears. . . Please look elsewhere for the ongoing and lengthy thread about Reeves County tax statements. [I do feel kinda sorry for the people in the tax office. They must feel so frustrated.]

They surprisingly answered when I called and verified that the 3 out of 6 that they were billing me on the most recent one had indeed been paid and they showed that in their records. So the 3rd party vendor is evidently working off of some old, bad data.

Pull out your tax receipt from last July or August and compare to recent bill for each well. Virtually everyone is finding that taxes were paid on every well on new statement.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.