Ward County Tax Protest

I Protested the 2022 Tax appraisal with Ward County Appraisal District. I received a letter from Pritchard & Abbott, Inc. Valuation Consultants of Forth Worth, TX dated May 24. Pritchard & Abbott worked with the Operator I own interest in, “Callon Petroleum” My Value was reduced $27,591.00. Also received a SETTLEMENT AND WAIVER OF PROTEST which I signed as i do not think I could have done better.

In conclusion it is worth protesting the the tax increases. It appears there is room for negotiations on the appraisals.

Protest!!

Mike East

1 Like

Two years ago I protested my appraisal for a Ward County interest with P&A. After several calls and emails with their representative I was able to reduce my tax by about 1/3. There came a point where they would no longer negotiate and we were scheduled to present our case before the Board. I thought of continuing but understood there was very little success for the interest owner with the Board so I stopped at that point. Definitely negotiate!

Mike, I looked at protesting my taxes in Ward county, but I got stumped when the form asked for my opinion of the value and facts to support my case. Did you provide a value and facts to support it? Or how did you approach the protest? It would be helpful to know how to go about it. Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.