Ward Co, how can I find out if I own the mineral rights

Sec 46 E/2 of Lot 46 BLK 34
H AND TC

Property ID# 703509

You may need an attorney in your state to help you. Texas has the following listed in the directory:

Oil & Gas Attorneys

G. Wade Caldwell Caldwell East & Finlayson 700 North Saint Mary’s Street Ste.1825 San Antonio, TX 78205 210-225-1655

Patrick John Flueckiger Attorney at Law 2028 E Ben White Blvd. Suite 240-2425 Austin, TX 78741 512-535-8301

If you don’t want to pay the expense for an attorney, you can also hire a landman to do the work.

No offense intended to Richard, or attorneys in general. Depending on the size of your interest, it just may be a cheaper alternative.

1 Like

[Barbara Sec 46 E/2 of Lot 46 BLK 34 H AND TC

Property ID# 703509 Dear Barbara, Monaghans is the County seat of Ward County, call the Tax office and one of the Nice Gals that work there will look up the property above and can tell you whether you own minerals or the surface land. My Grandfather had many pieces of land that is called PSL Public School Land, where we share in the minerals with the State, by maintaining the surface. Sincerely, Chris Wilson My Grandfather founded WINK Texas, Home of Where Roy Orbison was born.

Your deed references surface acres. This is one of multiple sections in which Dave Pardun acquired only surface interests which he divided into ‘lots’ and sold off, largely in bulk sets to other re-sellers who then sold in single lots. Lot sizes vary from 5 to 20 acres, with many at 5.1+ acres These lots are not surveyed but instead were estimated off the assumed section acreage. If you look at the plat attached to your deed, you will see that it has not been surveyed to provide an exact location. 2005 Deed of surface acreage only from Troy Eiland Ranches into Dave Pardun - Volume 776, Page 491 with Section 46 noted on Page 506 in the Ward County deed records. Ward County now prohibits platting section into these small tracts without an actual survey. Surface can have value from easements, lease roads, well pad damages, saltwater disposal wells and caliche and surface also has water rights. You are one of many buyers of these tracts containing surface rights only.

1 Like

Thank you all again, I am truly sad now… Your assistance has been wonderful. Tennis, should I have an attorney contact someone about the easements, lease road etc…

Thank you very much, really helpful