Want a release from the Operator

I heard from a land man who has offered to lease my interest, if and when he can get a release from the producer of the well that is in the section. The current lease and well date to the ‘70s. He plans to flip leases he gathers up to someone who might drill this in the future. We have declined because of the bonus and royalty he offered. But, I would sure like to get a release. I’m wondering about the possible outcomes of this activity. He gets a few leases together, entices the producer and they give just those people a release? Or maybe they release everyone? If they are selective, what happens if someone wants to drill this? Do they negotiate with owners who have gotten a release and then the producer for those who haven’t gotten a release? Seems possibly pretty messy to drill it again, horizontally probably, with all owners under the old lease. IDK. We had CHK release a property a few years ago on a well that was shut in on a similar proposal but better terms. Worked out well. I would like to do that again.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.