Waiting on division order

My family has a producing well with Brigham. We recently found out that the “start date” was 6/24/2011 and we have heard nothing from Brigham yet. I understand that we are waiting for a division order and I have tried to contact Brigham but can not get a call back. We know that the minerals are in my grandmas name but she has passed and 2 of her 3 children have passed as well. We want to make sure we have all the paperwork straight with Brigham on who is to inherit, how can I make contact?

Shannon:

Are you aware that Brigham has sold. I am not sure what phase of this sale the company is currently in but this could possibly be one factor which has made getting information difficult.

I did just see that in another post. But someone has to contact us at some point, right? The waiting is a little frustrating on top of not having anyone at the company to speak to.

Shannon:

What type of paperwork was filed in regards to these minerals at the time of your Grandma's death? Since other heirs have passed also and the original lease was in your Grandma's name, what other documents (wills, etc) do you possess. This situation could be involved enough to consider hiring an estate attorney who has had past experience in oil and gas matters. I am not a guru on this type of scenerio, but if it were me, I would go the attorney route to make sure all things were handled properly.

Shannon Wisbey said:

I did just see that in another post. But someone has to contact us at some point, right? The waiting is a little frustrating on top of not having anyone at the company to speak to.

Just a note; Technically Brigham's sale will not complete until the first quarter of 2012; so things go on at Brigham right now!!!

Thanks. I have a lawyer working on it now! Wish me luck!!!