W.H. Dorsey Survey

I own mineral rights in the W.H. Dorsey Survey, Abstract 118. Is there any activity in that area? Is it of value?

Greg

Greg,

After checking the GIS Mapping System I find no A-118 in Clay County.....Check your Legal description again please.

Clint Liles

Greg,

After not being able to locate your A-118 on the GIS Mapping System I tried the GLO(General Land Office) Map System and found it. I don't see any activity in the area on the GLO Map. Next I will manually locate your A-118 on the GIS Map.

Clay County A-118:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Greg,

I found your minerals but the Abstract # is A-1118. There is some production is every direction from your minerals. The last activity I see was in 2013-14 by Pioneer Natural Resources. They have drilled numerous horizontal gas wells to the East of you and production is from the Barnett Shale.

Production data on one of those wells:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=05|3=2016|4=04|5=2017|103=274352|6=G|102=09|8=specificLease|204=district|9=dispDetails|10=0

You can manipulate the begin production date on this link.

Also some older oil wells still producing to the N/E of your A-1118...also several plugged oil wells to the N/E.

GIS Map of Clay County A-1118 and surrounding area:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

CLICK ON DOCUMENT TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

I believe you must be right that it is 1118. I have interest in 153 acres in the NW corner of which 10.2 mineral acres are mine. Do you think these have value? I may be interested in selling them.

Greg

Yes Greg, they do have value. I find that zones with past and possible future production in the area are Mississippian, Atoka, Caddo, Barnett Shale and Conglomerate.

Clint Liles

Thanks Clint. I have addition rights on 193 acres (12.86538 net) nearby in the Jack County School Land Survey A-265, Sec. 25. Do you know anyone who might be interested?

Greg

Greg:

Friends request sent.

Clint Liles

And accepted!