W/2 SE/4 of section 11, T5S, R3W in Garvin County

another discovery from grandpa’s will, in which he had 1/24th interest. Is this something to investigate? It’s the first time I’ve come across any of his mineral rights in Garvin Co.

11-5S-3W is in Carter County. Another very old field. Mostly abandoned now.

You can look up his name in www.okcountyrecords.com and get a list documents. Many of the counties are on that website. Some only go back to the 1990’s digitally, so you will not find everything.

Look up the sections in the OCC well records site. https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx If there is any production, you can find it at the OK tax site. Gross Production You will need to use leading zeros. 1105S03W

You can also search for your grandfather’s name on the Mineral Owners Escrow Account https://www.occeweb.com/moeasearch/ and in the Oklahoma Unclaimed Property website https://www.oktreasure.com/ to see if he had any unpaid royalties. This can be due to either your grandfather passing and the operator not knowing who to pay or as simple as someone moved and they don’t have a good address.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.