Voiding an Active Gas Lease

I have a lease that requires the O/G owner to notify in writing the production company of any issues concerning payments on their part. It further states that failure to correct the matter within 10 days of notification voids the lease. I have done my part, in writing and via certified mail. In such a case, and the lease is void, what is the disposition of the well drilled under that lease?

You own a gas well if the underlying lease fails and you have 100% of the minerals and the well is bottomed on your 100% minerals. If you are one of the drillsite tracts on a horizontal wellbore and your lease fails, then you are essentially a partner and are subject to co-tenant accounting.

Mr. Cotten, What is the best way to put this into affect once the conditions to terminate/vacate a lease have been met? Thanks, sen

Buddy Cotten said:

You own a gas well if the underlying lease fails and you have 100% of the minerals and the well is bottomed on your 100% minerals. If you are one of the drillsite tracts on a horizontal wellbore and your lease fails, then you are essentially a partner and are subject to co-tenant accounting.

Buddy Cotten
www.cottenoilproperties.com