Viper Resources

I'm receiving a lease request for a tract in Creek Co - W/2 NW/4 of Sec 9-17N-9E

I don't have this plot listed in my mom's will. I'm apprehensive of the person/company making the offer because of the research I've done on them.

I'm not finding a legit address for them and their phones all tie back to unlisted land lines.....

Has anyone received anything from them?

Any and all info would be appreciated!

They are leasing in the area. I just looked and they have many leases of record. In fact an attorney I am familiar with has leased to them.
You could contact him and find out how much he leased and on what terms?

I leased them 10 acres 3 months ago at 125/acre 3 yrs with no problems. Their check cleared the bank just fine.

Barry - where is the track you leased to them?

Linda,

I'm so sorry, I was mistaken. My lease with Viper is for 10 acres in Lincoln County. I still had no problems with them.

Barry

Mind if I ask their per acre offer?

Barry McKeown said:

Linda,

I'm so sorry, I was mistaken. My lease with Viper is for 10 acres in Lincoln County. I still had no problems with them.

Barry

125.00/acre

Linda Ballew said:

Mind if I ask their per acre offer?

Barry McKeown said:

Linda,

Barry

Thanks, Barry

I leased to Viper in sec. 26 17n 9e for 60$ with a 100 ft. depth clause and a two year shut in clause. You may be able to get more than 60$ up to 125$ They seem to be legit and friendly to work with. I believe they want to drill a horizontal well in the Mississippi shale. I just hope they have or can get the expertise and money to drill a good one. We are also sitting on the Woodford shale, which is deeper than the Mississippi. Either formation could make the lease bonuses in the area go way up if they hit a good well.

Brett - he is offering $75 per mineral acre bonus 3/16 royalty for 3 yr lease. He told me they "Viper" will be doing the drilling but haven't registered with OCC yet.....I asked him lots of questions, and he got rather testy with me....not sure I'm going to sign just yet. They have no "office" in OKC - receives mail from FedEx personal mail location....I'm just not sure yet.....

They offered me $50 per mineral acre 3/16 royalty 3 years I asked for $75 we settled at $60. A lawyer in Bristow signed with them for $125 I believe his leases are further north from me. You are about three miles north of me. The lawyer said the drilling agreement was standard or a little better with 100ft. depth clause and 2 year shut in clause that is what you want so they don,t tie up all the formations past 100ft. of TD or total depth. They may be just trying to flip some leases but the bonus payment is nothing compared to the 3/16. You could hold out for a while they may not even try to pool you which you would still get 3/16 if they did.

I just got my lease in the mail today - original came in my mom's name, who I inherited from.....I'll look for those clauses! Thanks!!

My family has 40 NMA in I belive they are in section 30-18N-8E. Does anyone have a way to contact Viper or any other companies leasing the area?

Don't know if Viper is leasing in that area I believe you are about 15 miles NW of me. You can try 405-418-7628 ask for the land man.

JD Kennedy said:

My family has 40 NMA in I belive they are in section 30-18N-8E. Does anyone have a way to contact Viper or any other companies leasing the area?

You may have to have them redo it several times but they will put the depth clause and 2 year shut in clause in exhibit (A) last page. You would think they would go ahead and offer the same to everyone except the bonuses which are higher the farther north you are. I did almost everything with them via e-mail and had no problems recieving a bonus check. I had to send them a will and death certificates proving I was the owner.

Linda Ballew said:

I just got my lease in the mail today - original came in my mom's name, who I inherited from.....I'll look for those clauses! Thanks!!

Brent many thanks for the advice. I'll PM you if I have any other questions if that's OK? JD

Be happy to help anyway I can but there is very much I do not know about the land, lease and contract part. However I have been in oil and gas production over 30 years. This sight helps and educates me with my own minerals.

JD Kennedy said:

Brent many thanks for the advice. I'll PM you if I have any other questions if that's OK? JD

So did anybody hear anything further about Viper Resources? Like are they going to be the operator or team up with somebody. The landman I talked to at Viper told me they had leased over 10,000 acres and that they were going to start permiting in Dec.

Milo