Very informative site! Newbie land owner

Hello! Very informative site with vast knowledge to guide land owners. This might be quite long but I jumped in a chance to own land free and clear. 120 acres total in hudspeth. I bought as future (kids) land/mineral investment. I research oil/gas/shale maps and it’s like the basins and drilling just stop at the county line except up by Dell city. There is no mention of the Southern part of the county in any futures except past articles of sewage dump site.

I have three properties: 61 1/2 sec 14 PSL NE/4 SW/4. (40acres) south of Sierra Blanca off the 1111. (50% ownership/state 50%) 31.12003562. By -105.3453672

NE 1/4 SW 1/4 section 14 block 3 GC&SF RR survey. (40 acres/ 100% ownership)

SE 1/4 NW 1/4 section 14 block 3 GC&SF RR survey (40 acres/ 100% ownership)

30.813487 by -104.9755638

Close to culberson county line. SW of Van Horn. These two are directly west of the pecan farm off hwy 90 heading toward valentine.

One article mentioned the Delaware finger going south from Van Horn to terlingua and further. Just don’t know how wide the finger is if even gets into hudspeth.

Told you it would be long winded but wanted to know more about the area and future (kids but hopeful for me while living). Maybe Sierra Blanca will become the next Vegas? Thanks for hearing me out and looking forward to reading more postings.

Search in the upper right for Torchlight articles which have been posted, as it is the only operator I know of active in the county currently.

Thank you. I’ll check it out. Dave