Vertical to horizontal?

I own producing mineral interests in the Fullerton Clearfork Unit in Andrews County, TX. All of the wells, to the best of my knowledge, are vertical and some have regularly operated in paying quantities since late 1940. My royalties, like many others, have significantly declined in recent years due to lower production. Can anyone tell me if horizontal drilling of these wells to increase recovery is likely?

1 Like

I would doubt it. Most of it is drilled up on 10 acre spacing (a zillion wells), so pretty much worked over. It looked like there were a handful of horizontal sidetracks in the 80s on the Eastern half. I don’t know much about it specifically, but I cannot imagine it is much of a priority to XOM.

At some point you’d think they would put CO2 into it (since we now live in a world with CO2 credits) which should improve long-term recovery, but that would likely be a major undertaking. Assuming they don’t already do so, I could find nothing suggesting that they do, but only a cursory look.

Its been producing since 1942 and on waterflood since 1956. Wow.

Thank you for that information. Last month’s royalty payment took a significant downturn, which has happened in the past with recovery the next month. I’m not knowledgeable about the industry, but I suspect XTO may do occasional maintenance on equipment causing the periodic interruption in production?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.