Verifying net acreage?

Update, my sister-in-law got her division orders a few days ago. We didn’t know.

She has four. Peach Fork 1 and 2, and Spili 1 and 2.

LOL.

The father and my wife are on the exact same parcels and only credited with one of the six so far.

:man_shrugging:

I’m sure it’s complicated business, so I keep my uneducated theories to myself….but that simply defies logic. :man_facepalming:

You might want to ask the sister-in-law for a copy of her DOs that you do not yet have. Just to have a backup for your request.

1 Like

She sent me a copy.

So all three have received division orders for one well….Peach Fork 1H. The decimal is the same for all three, so that is correct.

My wife received three division orders today that will bring her into alignment with her sisters orders.

The notice was dated Dec 22, 2023 and arrived Jan 9, 2024.

Her sisters were dated Dec 19, 2023, emailed to her and she signed the next day, Dec 20 2023.

It is my understanding that you do not have to sign a Division Order in WV in order to get paid. I attended some NARO sessions where WV attorneys said they do not recommend signing due to possibly giving up some legal rights. The operators want your W-9 so that they know that they are paying the correct owners at the correct address. Maybe one of the legal eyes in WV can comment on how to use a letter-in-lieu of Division Order.

It would be interesting to hear that rationale. Hopefully its not too much of a detriment as we already signed one and other family members signed several.

Immediately upon reading the first one, I was struck by the language that by signing, you are certifying the decimal is correct when none of us had any idea whether it was correct or not and had no information with which to check.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.