Verify ownership old mineral rights

My grandmother deeded me mineral rights to about 200 acres in Young County in 1972. At the time we were receiving royalties from Koch Oil. As far as I can determine, we received the last check in 1973 and last payed taxes in 1974. How would I find out if we still own these mineral rights?

Meghan If its like Oklahoma you should be able to goto county court house where they are located and pull records of all land dealings…,I just went in last week pulled all filed information from statehood till may 4th 2012 for mine along with lease informations and my grandfather final decree…

I've called the Young County tax assessor, who referred me to the county clerk, who referred me to the appraisal district who referred me back to the county clerk. None of them know how I could update the records with current ownership & address info. They say they only have info in the database since 1984, and if it wasn't producing in '84 there would be no record. I have the mineral deed with the record book # and page # and land description, but they say there is no way to attach current ownership information to that record.

Is this common?

Meghan,

Sounds like you may be in need of a landman or oil and gas attorney to check this out. Good luck.

Just my opinion.

Clint Liles

My son is a landman in Graham (Young County, TX), if you can provide me the information I can refer it to him for research.

Thank you. I can send copies of deeds, tax receipts, last known production, lease & production company info. Can you give me an address & phone #?

Rocky Arrell said:

My son is a landman in Graham (Young County, TX), if you can provide me the information I can refer it to him for research.

Eric Arrell 600 East St. Graham, TX 76450

(940) 521-8167

Meghan O'Flaherty said:

Thank you. I can send copies of deeds, tax receipts, last known production, lease & production company info. Can you give me an address & phone #?

Rocky Arrell said:

Great! I will give him a call.

Rocky Arrell said:

Eric Arrell 600 East St. Graham, TX 76450

(940) 521-8167

Meghan O'Flaherty said:

Rocky Arrell said:

My name is Sheryl I am having the same problem with Koch Oil. They no longer handle oil, the lady I talked with is trying to find the lease. Her name is Lyda Clinger she is only there on Tues. and Thurs.

I haven't tried to contact Koch. I have a copy of a letter from Koch Oil circa 1971 that says they were only purchasers of the oil and that the operator is the right person to get in touch with regarding any questions. Do you know the name of the operator of the lease?

sheryl moppin said:

My name is Sheryl I am having the same problem with Koch Oil. They no longer handle oil, the lady I talked with is trying to find the lease. Her name is Lyda Clinger she is only there on Tues. and Thurs.

@Rocky Arrell: Thanks for the referral to Eric, he did a great job for me.

Anything that was deeded to somebody is still theirs unless he conveyed it to somebody, passed away, or were sued.