Verdun Progress

Anyone been by the well sites in Fayette/Washington County lately? Are they still fracking at both sites?

Any ideas when production will start on these wells?

Pictures of Verdun sites today.

The frack spread moved off the central Shelby pad in November and the same portable completion rig is still working there. Lot of temporary tankage in place but nothing started yet on tank batteries for those four wells.

The pad off 389 near Latium where they drilled the Ypres and Jutland has one small tank battery but more will probably be added, and it looks like final steps in completion may be underway.

The Nabors rig is currently working off Wolff Road near Mill Creek is drilling the wells Verdun called Vimy Ridge and Mons. They had a pilot flare going but probably still a lot of drilling to be done.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Be interesting to see what Verdun’s next move is in the area.

Dusty,

Do you know if there is a separate thread following EOG progress with Gladiator well near the Tonkawa?

Thanks

When I posted the plats for those new units on the old Tonkawa site last year it got no comments, and I’ve seen nothing since.

The permit says the “A” unit well spudded 4/20/22 but I’m figuring that may have just been setting surface casing.

If someone has been by there I’d definitely be interested in knowing what is on the pad.

Not sure if this is relative to your question or not about Verduns intent. Some neighbors just east of the Wolff Rd well were approached by landsmen in December to lease. They, the land men indicated leasing going east and south this year. They stopped just west of my place which is located between FM 2502 and Grote Road. The direction that they move the rigs south of FM 389 hopefully will be an indicator.

Michael

If you can share any information on the royalty and bonuses on those latest Verdun leases I’d definitely be interested.

Like I mentioned on another thread, Verdun recently recorded leases covering about 400 acres that appears to be generally north of the drill site on Wolfe Road.

I’m thinking more permits will be coming soon but don’t know if it will be for additional wells in the big units they formed around Shelby or something new. They should have incentive to drill a lot more in those existing units, but with all that acreage HBP there’s no time pressure there so new a new unit further north could be their next move.

Don’t know about the recent contact with my neighbors. I do know a friend who is in the pool from one of the wells at Latium. He got $750 bonus and approx 20%. He has heard of others in that area that got more bonus. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information. I’ll keep my eye out for permits in that area.

Any news out of the Fayette/Austin County area recently? What will be Verdun’s next move?

Verdun hasn’t applied for more permits yet. From the most recent leases they had filed in Washington County I was guessing their next unit would be further down Wolff Road northeast of the wells currently drilling and the ones completed from the pad by Latium.

Today Courthouse Direct’s lease alert for Fayette County showed Verdun has also blocked up acreage going more to the east. Those leases covering 40+ separate tracts in 13 surveys were signed several months ago but weren’t recorded until January. They spread over an area east of Verdun’s Shelby area units and extending to the Colorado County line.

Since that’s the same general area where EOG formed units last year offsetting their big Tonkawa gas well it looks like there may be some competition for acreage. I’d definitely be interested if anyone involved would share the bonus and royalties being paid.

All of the Verdun leases were for three year terms but suprisingly most of them included two and in some cases three year extension options.

Thanks for the updates. Looks like they are chasing Gas with crude only being an appetizer for now. Interesting, but, a long way from SW Fayette.

Drove by the Verdun pads yesterday. Not much activity at the moment; the rig is gone from the Wolff Road pad.

However, there is a new pad near Shelby on the south side of FM 1457 heading toward Industry, between Krebs Road and Skull Creek Road (where it comes out near Eckermann’s Meat Market). It looks to be just south of the Passchendaele unit. No activity on it yet and I don’t see any permits. It’s not very visible from the highway.

Production on the Passchendaele and St. Mihiel units was very low in November and December. Wonder if this is related to fracking the nearby wells?

That is very interesting news. Thanks for sharing. Will be anxious to see what those production levels do in January. Was it January when the 2H wells on the Central Shelby pad started production? Will they have to send new division orders for the 2H wells, or do the original ones cover the unit for all wells?

Sounds like that new pad is in the area Verdun recorded a bunch of leases last month.

Like their other units, if they drill horizontal legs going toward the Colorado County line as well back toward their Shelby wells that could connect up the Gladiator units EOG drilled offsetting their big Tonkawa well. Who knows how long it will be before EOG releases any information on those.

GeoSouthern has also done some recent leasing in that same general area but going more toward Fayetteville. If that’s drilled it could connect with the big wells RamTex has completed in the last couple of years. Be interesting to see where things go from here.

If anyone sees a rig up over there, or knows what kind of leases are being made, please let us know.

Did EOG drill those Gladiator wells?

Here’s what Gladiator A pad off Wilde/Minarcik Road looked like when I was by there a month ago.

Big pad with nothing but a small wellhead. I’m guessing it’s either been drilled but not fracked and completed yet, or they used a portable rig to spud it and the big rig hasn’t been there yet.

The Gladiator B site is behind a locked gate and not visible from Prihoda Road but I’m thinking they’ve probably done the same thing there.

EOG never submits spud dates and puts off sending RRC completion reports for months so if anyone in that area can give an update on the status of these it would be appreciated.

Too far away from me to matter other than it is nice to see EOG move from the South of Gonzales toward the East. Not sure what it means; but, interestingly this shows 112 acres. Not many acres unless they are back to drilling vertical wells rather than horizontals. Thanks for sharing!

I am guessing they decided to complete the well as a vertical well. Perhaps in the same Wilcox/Midway zone as the RVW Trust Unit to the South.

Big Foot and Reeves Rancher

If you haven’t seen it, below is the plat EOG filed when they permitted the Gladiator A unit. Like the sign at the gate says, the unit currently includes only 112 acres but it was permitted as a 13,500’ horizontal in the Giddings (Austin Chalk, Gas) field, with a lateral programmed to extend 4100’+. The Gladiator B was permitted the same way…only 118 acres in the unit but a lateral extending 4500’+.

EOG definitely has their own way of doing things, so completing these as vertical Wilcox well might be a possibility. But when EOG drilled their Tonkawa well, which these two directly offset, they started off by drilling a vertical research well that went to 16,000’ in a 40 acre unit. Then they amended that permit to make it a horizontal well but only increased the unit to 234 acres. After they finally got around to filing a completion report showing the Tonkawa was a huge gas well they then reformed the unit to 1240 acres.

If these latest wells also turn out to be big gas producers my guess their small original units will be greatly enlarged. But I’m also thinking it may be at least another year before we’ll know the answer.