Value of my oil gas mineral rights

Hey!

I own mineral rights for the following 160 acres in Beckham County, SW 4 Section 10 - 10N - 25W.

I know that there is production on 5 of these acres, but I am curious as to what the value of the 155 acres without any production could be.

Thanks Jon

There are four live wells in that section. The Heinsohn 4-10-25 horizontal well is spaced at 640 acres so your acreage is included in it which means all the mineral owners share in the royalties for that well. Latigo has several gas wells also spaced at 640 acres so all mineral owners share the royalties. Tipton 1-4 and 2-4, Hildebrand 1-4 are online. Contact Latigo if you are not in pay. “Without any production” is not a relevant question for this section. Only an appraiser could give you a full life value based upon SEC criteria. A buyer will not necessarily offer that much.

1 Like

Thanks for the information Martha:)

How long has Litago been operating those gas installations?

Thanks! Jon

Oops. I was off. I typed in 4 instead of 10 into my query. (Caught the SW 4 out of the corner of my eye) Ignore those wells above. You have the Green and Janice wells instead. Use the OCC OGwellrecords site to hunt them down. The 1073 form shows the operator changes. BCE-MACH II LLC owns the wells now.
https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

You probably only own a portion of the 160 acres as it would be very rare these days to own the whole quarter section due to generational fractionation. The leases often use the gross parcel numbers but the net acres are usually less. There are at least 114 owners in the section.

The spacing of the gas wells and the horizontal wells covers all 640 acres so “without any production” is not relevant here.

thanks for the updated information.

We are talking to Mach about this.

To my knowledge, based on the legal papers I have, we do own the rights to all 160 acres.

Jon

Hope you do own that many acres. It would be great!

Jon- I own an interest in this unit and there are many folks that own interests in the SW4. Mach will help you discern what you own.

Maybe I dont have the correct information then:)

How many acres are there in SW/4 of Section 10 - 10N - 25W in total?

Thanks Jon

The SW/4 contains 160 GROSS acres. You will own only an undivided interest under that 160 acres. Meaning you can’t identify your interest specifically but it is the same percentage anywhere you go under the SW/4. So if you own 5 acres under the SW/4, no matter where you go in the SW/4, you own a 5/160ths interest. Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.