Value of minerals

Can anyone give me ideas of value on Sec 39 Block 34 T3N. We have an offer but no idea of value. Thanks

Are your minerals in the E/2 or W/2? Could make a big difference for that section.

NW/4 if that helps. Not sure other than that.

I am not schooled in this at all, so please be patient with me.

I think the link below will show the abstract that you are asking about.

Are your minerals leased? I got a ton of offers just before wells came on line and that might be the case here.

Dear Mark,

I think that most regular participants on this board have probably had an offer to purchase their minerals. This is not uncommon at all.

Several things that you can be sure of is;

1. The mineral/royalty buyer (of his client) knows much more than you do concerning the geology of the land; Also,

2. If you received an e-mail letter concerning a purchase rather than a phone call or regular postal mail. that is a great example of the purchaser “picking low hanging fruit.”

Are your minerals currently in production? Do you or a trusted family member live on or near the property

Best regards,

Buddy Cotten

Yes they are under production. Signing 15 division orders for $524,000 today but we don’t know details to determine overall value. Also we own only 2 wells but these orders are for 15 other wells, very confusing.

Dear Mark,

It is very important that everything is kept straight so come tax time, you will have the justification for all of the tax breaks (if any) that you are due.

You can also use the information on the check stub to spot check the operator (payor) to make sure that you are being paid correctly.

A good example would be to not be paid on lease use gas when your (hopefully) most excellent oil lease does not allow that to happen.

If your attorney and tax advisor are not well experienced in oil and gas law ans operations, find some who are.

Best,

Buddy Cotten

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.