Thanks Ent, the production around you looks profitable but not wildly so. I think it was good enough that they made you an offer based on what they think it will pay in 5 years even if no other wells are drilled beyond the one permitted. I actually think according to the way things are done that it is a reasonable offer. I think it would pay you much more in the long term to keep it, but if you had an immediate use for the money, like paying down credit cards or something to get rid of crippling interest payments, I could see where selling can benefit you now, and not have to wait for a well to come in and some years of production to accumulate. If you do have time to wait for the money to accumulate and another well to be drilled, to add to it, I would keep it. It's possible you could get a well, collect the first couple of largest checks and then sell your acres. In my opinion those who want to buy your acres think there is a good chance they will get half of their money back in the first year of production. I would calculate that into the sale price. It may be possible to sell your royalty stream for a set period of time. I think that may be a more attractive alternative, you will have to have a well first, but you would still be paid royalty on subsequent wells, if the contract is done properly. Everyone discounts the value of what they want to buy from you, it's only natural because they intend to make money off what they buy. I think their offer is within reason, only you can decide if it's in your best interest.