Value of gas

I JUST RECEIVED MY DIV. ORDER AND AFTER CHECKING THE WELL PRODUCTION IN THE RRC WEB SITE IT REVEALED 157,743 MCF TO DATE. WHAT WOULD BE AN APPROX VALUE OF THAT QUANTITY OF GAS. I WAS THINKING THAT YOU JUST MULTIPLY THAT AMOUNT TIMES THE CURRENT GAS PRICE.

It will depend on where the production is located, but the average price for gas has been around $4.00, so 157,743*4=$630,972.

The worth of the production depends on the price paid @ the time the production was sold. An initial estimate, assuming it’s a relatively new well would be to multiply the 157,743 MCF x $4/MCF x your fractional interest. Your check stub SHOULD detail the volumes, prices & interest paid to you…If you have your division order but, have not received your 1st check, call the oil company & ask when you should expect it.

Also, most leases, in TX at least, allow for the deduction of cost to make it ready for market (like treatments or compression), and then you also have the severance taxes, any federal taxes, and gatherer costs. So just multiplying by $4 isnt even close to the whole story. But like Nick said, call the operator.