Value? - Block D John H Gibson Survey, Yoakum County

Hello, I have a client that inherited about 0.125 acres, sections 436 and 437, Block D, John H Gibson Survey, Yoakum County. She has a couple groups sending her unsolicited offers to purchase her rights for $236 (total).

Question, what’s the value per acre in this area and who should we rally be talking to if we’d like to sell or lease her mineral rights and, any idea on what this area is worth?

Let me know - Thanks!

Steve Hoppel (424) 750-1103

1 Like

The site I usually use to show pricing doesn’t have very good coverage in Yoakum, but I personally know leasing is around the $400-1000 range depending on the area. $1888/nma to sell seems low, but I also don’t have much experience with minerals in Yoakum.

I will note that there is a newly permitted 1.5 mile well by Steward in Section 436 and what looks like a pretty decent 1 mile completion (270-300 BOPD) also by Steward in the section catty-corner. Steward is one of the better operators in the county and also has some of the top wells in the county as of recently.

I get that it’s a pretty small interests, but for $200, I’d recommend keeping the property. If your client really needs the money, I’ll personally double the offer just for giggles.

1 Like

Value can vary greatly in Yoakum County. Is the interest currently producing and in pay status? If not producing is the property currently under lease or is it open?

1 Like

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas and live in the Dallas area, please consider attending the NARO – Texas Town Hall Meeting in Dallas at the SMU Cox School of Business, Maguire Energy Institute, on November 14, 2018 from 6-8 p.m. We will cover four timely topics, and the cost is only to cover the food provided (plus a cash bar) at $20/person. The Mineral Rights Forum is also a sponsor of this event and it is open to non-NARO members, but attendance is limited to about 80 people, so please sign up today! . A link to the signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-3096540?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=11/14/2018

Hope to see you in Dallas!

Wade Caldwell, Pres. NARO-Texas Chapter

1 Like

Hello Steve, I know this was quite a while ago, but I was wondering if you got any information you can share with me? I too was solicited offers back in June 2018. I declined and basically put it on the back-burner. Now that I have time on my hands, I would like to figure out how to get more information. I don’t have the title to my rights as it was a great aunt that had purchased it, and long story short, I’m the next of kin. Thank you in advance, Janice Webster

I’m not sure what you mean by more information. Assuming you mean leasing mineral rights, I don’t know much. We haven’t leased in anything in over a year. With the price of oil so low, I doubt that there is much leasing activity. And leasing bonuses might be much lower than before. But that’s just a guess on my part. You could always contact the folks who made offers and see what they say.