Valuation of Mineral Rights

Greetings. I have been receiving offers to purchase my mineral rights interest in Naylor Jones unit 40 in McMullen County. One well is producing, another is close to completion, and a third has been permitted. Any ideas of how to evaluate the offers? Thanks.

1 Like

My sister and I also have been receiving some “very nice” offers for our mineral rights owned in McMullen County. We have been told it might have something to do with Austin Chalk ? . I am also interested in any responses you receive to your inquiry.

1 Like

I’m nearby in the Naylor Jones unit number 30 and also would be curious to hear anybody input as to the current price per net mineral acre or valuations that area

I got an offer for around $10k/ac for similar minerals the other day, which got me thinking for sure. For the Naylor Jones Unit Number 30 it looks like the current producing wells have a present value of about $1,500/mineral acre and then the present value of 6 additional horizontal wells with first royalties received 3 years from today would be an additional $17,500/mineral acre. This makes the total expected present value in the ballpark of $19,000/mineral acre. Given that there is obviously risk associated with those estimates (ie well performance, development timing, oil/gas pricing, etc) i think anything that is 50-75% of that $19k/acre value would be a reasonable offer. These values all assume your royalty is 1/4