Use of my well pad for benefit of others...and no compensation

I have 100 acres and a will pad with one well going into my pool...they want to use my well pad and my frac pond to drill another well and go off my pool group and therefore to no benefit to me ,they offer $10,000. does that sound fair // or is that all you can get out of them......they are already using my frac pond for other wells with no comp to me......please help..i joined naro and they just say contact an atty....that's more money ....

Don:

These are obviously two different issues, bot of which you should be getting compensation beyond the normal scope of the lease; however, this is where a good initial lease come in. May not seem important enough on the front end to spend the extra bucks for lease help; but, here are two issues that should be covered in the lease.

First: I guess it depends on where you are located; But, I believe there is ample guidance on the MRF bogs to give you some good payment help on the water issue. Usually this is so much per bbl of water.

Second: Using a pad for something other than what one would call "normal" activity to serve your well or even the well in the pool is one thing; but, to use your pad as a storage yard or staging yard for other wells is an entirely different thing. You need compensation and you need on-going compensation, not just a one time payment. If you agree to a one time fee within a cut-off date, then you have essentially sold your property forever and forever.

This is just my opinion and I believe you should run to your attorney's office.

If you don't get many responses on this blog go to another one and give it a shot.

Good Luck!

Suggest you post this issue on www.eaglefordforum.com to get more responses.

If the well being drilled is not in your unit but another I would negotiate two to three percent royalty of the well, if the wells are good in your area and if not very good wells maybe a high one time fee minimum $25,000. Is the frac pond yours or did they have something to do with building it. If the pond and water is yours 100% you should get a minimum of 25 cents a barrel and also get a fee for them laying the pipe across your land. If there is not an abundance of water in your area I would go for 35 cents a barrel.

Don, Look at your lease to see if you gave permission for them to use your land to drill on adjacent lands. Is the $10,000 the surface damages set out in your lease?

Hi wade...do you know any attys that wont tear your head off just because the subject is oil? and every one assumes your loaded.......im loaded with problems and know it all oil men who are looking out for their wallet.....I don't think it is in the original lease.....and when we talk me and the frac supervisor .that's the only person that will talk to me.........anyway I know they are going to drill more in my pool.they have flat told me if they cant use my pad they will drill from an another pad......

Wade Caldwell said:

Don,
Look at your lease to see if you gave permission for them to use your land to drill on adjacent lands. Is the $10,000 the surface damages set out in your lease?

Don,

Yes I do. Send me a Friend request.

how do I do that ? im not a computer guy.....my e mail is dobgan@yahoo.com