Updating my mineral interest with county clerks question

The last time I updated my address with various county clerk offices, I included royalty interest details along with mineral interest details. Should I limit the the details to mineral interest only since royalty interest information can change often, and thus add redundancy and clutter?

Thanks-Arthur

I would just worry about the address and legal description. The main thing is that we are able to find you. A good Landman is going to know what you own if he's working the section.

I think the answer depends on the state in which your interests lie.

Oklahoma

Kitchen said:

I think the answer depends on the state in which your interests lie.

Ad valorem (property taxes) are not assessed on mineral rights in Oklahoma. There should be no need to update your address with the county unless you own surface property.

There is a need to update your address. Responsible mineral owners should do everything reasonable to keep current contact information of record. Even a lazy Landman can find a mineral owner that goes through the effort of putting their contact information of record.

Is there a specific form required to record the change of address?

Some counties offered their specific change of address forms but most of them only required an affidavit listing the mineral rights.

Kaye said:

Is there a specific form required to record the change of address?