Updating county records for Inherited Mineral Rights

I inherited these mineral rights in Lea County, NM. They are currently in the name of my deceased uncle. I live in Colorado. Any suggestions on changing the county records from a distance? Last I checked there was only an old, expired permit and no drilling. Some kind person gave me that info a while back and I’m not sure how to find it on my own. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

NW/4SE/4 and SW/4NE/4 Sec. 10, T-20-S, R-38-E. N.M.P.M.

We used an affidavit of heirship and it seemed to work on several interests.

Every state is different, affidavits of heirship work well in some but not others. Visit with a New Mexico attorney.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I checked DrillingInfo.com for you. (I am a subscriber.) I see some leases taken in 2017, but no permits taken in recent years near Section 10. Quite a few of the oil and gas attorneys in Midland TX know New Mexico law as well as Texas law. Two firms in Roswell NM are the Atwood Malone firm, and the Hinkle Shanor firm.

I have to give a minor piece of advice.

Any attorney can give you info.

You want one that can PRACTICE LAW in New Mexico.

I can give you the name of two firms to avoid, but not on the open forum

Contact me if interested.

YES we also own minerals in Lea County and it’s been a LONG road and we just got a Lea County Judge to sign off on our minerals in Lea County. Our total is 150 acres the judge ruled on (and 30 ac we purchased - total of 180 ac).

One of these days we might get someone to drill for our minerals.

I wish you luck with yours

jimw

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.