UPDATED, Theft and or production fraud in the state of Colorado

I don't see anybody talking about production fraud, it does happen I've learned. I'm still in discovery and I think theirs more to it then meets the eye.

I found a form at the COGCC website titled PAYMENT OF PROCEEDS RECONCILIATION PAYOR CONTACT FORM, a form 37 I like to call it. I mailed two of these forms to our Operator one for each of the two wells these guys operate . (the Operator has three wells only in Colorado) The response to the form 37 was what I expected from them but more .

I mailed these forms to the operator (Big Run Production Company) because their price per MCF was below market value and two dollars less per MCF then the two other operators that also have wells in the same section that I receive monthly checks from.

I just wanted proof of the price of each sale . That should of been a easy question to answer, just mail me copies of their check statements from the gas gather .

Big Run Production Company's response I've attached copy's, the Argenta Fee 17 well I own no interest in. check it out !!. All the reported production to COGCC has been divided up between three wells. Plus the Gross value and Net value all hand written in and a big fat zero in the price column . they sent three consecutive operating months . I only posted one month, but its the same thing on the other two statements .

I'm not the land owner , but a family member ( a cousin) owns the property.

I emailed copy's of these check statements to Bp America (oildex) and they tell me the statements are only for the one well ( the one I have nothing to do with ) and they tell me this is the only well Big Run Production Company has that Bp gathers the gas from .

I emailed Mr Neal Ray ( President of the Colorado chapter of NARO ) and asked him for help . Mr. Ray informed me that Colorado state Law says only one well per statement in less the well in question is part of a Federal Exploratory unit . These consist of hundreds of wells not just three wells.

I'm thinking that who ever owns the other well the one the check statements are for is getting ripped off to so I checked out La Plata County Colorado GIS map page and find the property owner of the well Dude only owns like 80 acres of the 320 acre unit spacing. I find his phone number and called him and it was one of the most difficult conversation ever !!. Dude didn't think there was anything wrong with having to extra well getting paid out of his well ?. Dude tells me in his eighty acres that He has three stock holders as partners (more family members I expect ) The Red Willow Compressor station has 80 acres in the 320 acres unit they don't have any minerals that I could see. the rest of the unit spacing is owned by EYEHEART PROPERTIES LLC. when I clicked on the link for these guys to read the information Internet Explorer could not open the webpage.

I called the Operator Big Run Production Company and ask for the real check statements the ones from El Paso Gas Company . They responded with that's going to take a real long time.

I think not because I'm going to hire an Attorney and send COGCC a hearing request real soon.

I've still a lot more to add to this like what to watch out for that could tip a person off to theft of your minerals . You can't count on the Commission least not the Colorado one . Their is no oil and gas police you got to do all yourself.

2843-Image8.jpg (156 KB) 2844-Image11.jpg (130 KB)

Sorry to hear of this. What you are going through is exactly how I feel about the company I am currently leased with. I don't trust them as far as I could throw them. And, they seem to have a problem answering questions I have posed to them (that are so simple that even an elementary school student could understand them.)

Let me know how things proceed.

If they wont answer questions they are not doing things legal, as this plays out I'll be posting everything here at Mineral Rights Forum . so stay tuned:)

I attached a 2011 photo view I copied from COGCC GIS of the Argenta Fee # 18 and #19 to show that there is in fact a pump jack on the Argenta fee 18. According to a COGCC Field Inspector and the Unit Hearing Officer my profile photo is the Argenta fee #18 .

2845-Image33.jpg (158 KB)

mizer, who are you leased with and where is the well located. this kind of information plays an important heads up for other reading your post. Thanks.

Mizerman said:

Sorry to hear of this. What you are going through is exactly how I feel about the company I am currently leased with. I don't trust them as far as I could throw them. And, they seem to have a problem answering questions I have posed to them (that are so simple that even an elementary school student could understand them.)

A company called Triad Energy, Inc. based in Oklahoma. I'm not accusing them of anything illegal, I simply don't trust them. Whenever I've asked them basic questions they seem to all be puzzled...no matter who I talk with. My lease is about to expire in less than 60 days with them and I will NOT sign another one unless they answer every single one of my questions. Maybe it's time I drive down there and do my Roy D. Mercer impersonation for them in person...at their office! LOL!

p.s. My lease description is as follows: W/2 SE/4 Section 9, Township 1 North, Range 2 West

Wilsontownship said:

mizer, who are you leased with and where is the well located. this kind of information plays an important heads up for other reading your post. Thanks.

Mizerman said:

All I know about Oklahoma is Interstate 40 . My first thoughts were perhaps they don't want to pick it up for another three years. The Henry Hub is pretty low right now . I really think if this Company wanted to lease again they would of contacted you by now . Its gas they are after in your area right ?.

When the Henry Hub prices go back up Like we are all waiting for it will be easy to lease your property again.

Who the heck is Roy D Mercer ?.LOL !!

Just "google" him - my favorite skit is the one called "Police Chief" and a close 2nd is the "Navy Recruiter"...LOL